How To Videos Thread (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In this day and age... with smart phones and Flip video cameras etc... I thought it would be a good thing to start a How To Videos Thread. I'm not a moderator, but maybe we could convince one of them (need help with this as I'm still relatively new to iH8mud) to make this a sticky thread and post the following:

1. How To Description
2. Parts Included in How To Video
3. Vehicle Model (FJ60 or FJ62)
4. Vehicle Year
5. A link to the How-To Video

Any Comments

Cheers.

Last edited:
I'll start:

1. Testing Idle Speed Control Valve
2. Idle Speed Control Valve (ISC)
3. FJ62
4. 1988
5. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgQOCpbaj00

I believe this ISC valve is working properly despite my video comments. The movement is very gradual and takes 20-30 repeats of the S1->S4 sequence to shorten the pin and 20-30 S4->S1 repeats to extend the pin fully. Total movement is ~ .5" See before after pics below:

20130622_093655.jpg

20130622_093445.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Sticky this should become

Sounds like a great idea to me also.

Someone make a 4BT swap video real quick :D
Great idea for a thread btw.

Bring your truck up to my house for a week and we can make a video :grinpimp:

Is that an open invitation?

If so, are all of the parts and hardware provided, on the house?

:D

Sure it is! Parts and hardware are not provided. My labor is cheap :D

Johnny comes out to get the paper one morning and HOLY CRAP THERE'S A DOZEN 60's IN FRONT OF HIS HOUSE

Heres a great tutorial for rear brake servicing.

I also thought Id add that Im going to make a "So you want to do a 12HT swap" video. Im going to start at the back of the truck and move forward with everything your going to need/need to know as well as some lessons I learned from mine. I plan to post it here so that people can find a condensed version of all the information they need to pull off the swap. That way they dont wind up doing months of research like I did.

Let me know if you guys would be interested in this.

Heres a great tutorial for rear brake servicing.

I also thought Id add that Im going to make a "So you want to do a 12HT swap" video. Im going to start at the back of the truck and move forward with everything your going to need/need to know as well as some lessons I learned from mine. I plan to post it here so that people can find a condensed version of all the information they need to pull off the swap. That way they dont wind up doing months of research like I did.

Let me know if you guys would be interested in this.

Wonderful thread....encourages me to go look for some vids by others to post since videoing is not my cup.

this is a great video....but I needed it 2 months ago. Now I have go back in and clean up the e-brake, since I just left it alone.

thx
dougbert

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom