How to torque the rear shock mounting nut? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sorry for this question if there is any topic that existed already, but I can not find an answer.
How could we torque the top mounting nut of the rear shock? Seems impossible to me, but if we don't torque, how could we tell it tight enough?

I know it sounds crude but no need to use a torque wrench. Just make it TIGHT. Use your built in human torque wrench.
Don't lose any sleep over it. It's not "critical".
Alternatively, if you want to be really anal, you can cut holes in the floor with a hole saw for access and then use a socket and a real torque wrench. There is a thread on here somewhere laying out the dimensions on the floor for the hole locations.

Last edited:
I know it sounds crude but no need to use a torque wrench. Just make it TIGHT. Use your built in human torque wrench.
Don't lose any sleep over it. It's not "critical".
Alternatively, if you want to be really anal, you can cut holes in the floor with a hole saw for access and then use a socket and a real torque wrench. There is a thread on here somewhere laying out the dimensions on the floor for the hole locations.
Thanks for your reply, I just hand tight it yesterday night, everything good except my "built-in human torque wrench" almost broke and still pain like hell ~. I know that famous "drill a hole" solution for a long time, but anyone who uses a flex head wrench done this job will immediately know how redundant and crazy that idea is ...

Thanks for your reply, I just hand tight it yesterday night, everything good except my "built-in human torque wrench" almost broke and still pain like hell ~. I know that famous "drill a hole" solution for a long time, but anyone who uses a flex head wrench done this job will immediately know how redundant and crazy that idea is ...
Yup, flex head is the way to go. Quick and easy.

so funny i did this job yesterday too and had the exact same thoughts. For a vehicle thats supposed to last for 30 years they certainly made it difficult to replace such a normally replaced part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom