how to tell if there is ABS on a '93 rig? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

e9999

Gotta get outta here...
Threads
Hiyall:

- from reading stuff around I get conflicting info as to whether a '93 would come standard with ABS. Did they all come with it?
- if not, is there an easy way to tell by looking under the hood? I imagine that one can see the pickup sensors on the knuckles in front, but I may have to ask a guy by phone to check for me, and the under the hood peek seems more likely to go smoothly. Any idea?

thanks
Eric

ABS was an option in '93. If it has rear disk brakes it has ABS and the FF axle. You can also see the ABS spaghetti bowl in the engine bay; it's between the battery box and the master cylinder.
-B-

Pop off the hub cover on a rear wheel. If the hub sticks out like the front, then it's got ABS.

pardon the ignorance, please, but "pop the hub cover" as in it comes right off and goes back without any tool and does not freak out the PO?
sorry, don't have the thing in front of me...
thanks
Eric

Exactly, it's just the plastic doo-dad that's in the middle of the wheel. It should have the Toyota emblem on it. Just pull straight out, check out the axle, and pop the cap back on. But, you don't have to do that to check if it's got ABS. Just look through the spokes on the rear wheels. If you see a silver disc brake, it's got ABS. If it's got a rusty drum, no ABS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom