How to shut up a Heep owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a friend that is a proud owner of a nice TJ. He was bragging the other day about his Jeep and what his Jeep club does. I let him go on about it and I enjoyed the conversation. I don't have any malace for Jeeps. I don't want one, but to each his own. As the conversation progressed it slowly turned to Heep vs. FJ40. Now he wasn't dumb enough to challenge me directly but placed me aginst another highly modified Jeep owner in his club. My 40 is a work in progress and has alot left to be done to it and he knew this fact. I let the challenge linger on for a while unanswered. I then asked him a simple question about his Heep club. I innocently asked him what was the most popular model and year Heep was in his club. He said that he wasn't really sure but agreed the year models were mostly 2000's and a few late 90's . I then dropped the bomb on him. Our club has 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, and a few 2000 and above. That is the difference between a Heep Club and a TLC Club. We still abuse 30 and 40 year old vehicles and they take it and more. You abuse a few 15 year old vehicles and the rest are practically new from our point of view. He suddenly tucked tail and ran in defeat.
I agree with others in reference to Jeeps: Jeeps are cute but Barbie drives a Jeep.:flipoff2:
Greg

You may have hurt Dbenke's feelings.

If I had any feelings...I'll put my 25 year old JEEP up against a 40 any day. But you see which club I belong to.LOL

Kiser-Willis in Aiken should be able to help you

I don't get the whole Jeep hating thing. You can find flaws in every vehicle known to man. It's not like anyone drives stock rigs anymore. They all need something improved upon.

With that said, I don't get the 4 door Wrangler thing. One of the ugliest offroad vehicles every made, IMO. It ranks right up there with the FJCruisers.:flipoff2:

Jeremy

Jeremy I don't h8 jeeps as I said but compairing is like apples to oranges they are two different beasts. Jeep owners like to think that they are the same. Throw a 406 in a stock jeep with dana 30 axles and see how long they last. My axles have been going for 4 years now with no problems. I just need to do the disc conversion. It just gets me that they think that the Jeep is the badest 4X4 out on the trails today just because of the sheer numbers of them. I guess that I should just let it go because I know the real truth.

I don't get the whole Jeep hating thing. You can find flaws in every vehicle known to man. It's not like anyone drives stock rigs anymore. They all need something improved upon.

With that said, I don't get the 4 door Wrangler thing. One of the ugliest offroad vehicles every made, IMO. It ranks right up there with the FJCruisers.:flipoff2:

Jeremy

it is more friendly rivalry more than hate.....and is good for the soul. Chiefs and Raiders, Cowboys and Redskins, Trans Am and Camaro, Chevy vs Ford vs Dodge, Indian vs Harley, Ruger vs Smith Wesson, etc...... Hell I have owned three Jeeps and liked them all...just like Toyota better. Besides the Land Rover guys hate on the Land Cruisers.....harder than the Land Cruisers hate on the Jeeps. They consider the Land Cruiser a reverse engineered sub quality copy of the Jeep that stole a name from the Land Rover so they could sell them to the confused that did not know the difference between Jeeps but recognized a similar name. :whoops:

Besides I like Jeep Unlimited Rubicon...think it looks sweet actually....and nobody cares what you think about the FJ Cruiser.:princess::flipoff2::flipoff2::hillbilly:

Besides I like Jeep Unlimited Rubicon...think it looks sweet actually....and nobody cares what you think about the FJ Cruiser.:princess::flipoff2::flipoff2::hillbilly:

... and we didn't need any more affirmation that you have a :flamingo: side either.

Maybe they'll come out with a purple Unlimited Rubicon next year just for you, and you can tell all the JeepsUnlimited.com guys how it's not purple, it's Brick.:lol:

Jeremy

Thats okay...we believe you when you say the FJ40 in your pics is yours and it just is not quite ready to drive yet.....still......after over a year.....and all the spare parts you have been peddling and loan sharking transactions you have made....still. Hell Doc is old and broke his ribs so he has an excuse.....kinda LOL

I'm still thinking about a set of L/C axles for my jeep. I'm real worrried about the 4.88's w/ 37 inch tires on a locked Dana 30. The pinion gear is only about 2 1/4 inches around. I fully expect it to go, but I'm going to wheel it until it does.
Speaking of which, Jeremy, what's your brother going to do w/ the 60????

Thats okay...we believe you when you say the FJ40 in your pics is yours and it just is not quite ready to drive yet.....still......after over a year.....and all the spare parts you have been peddling and loan sharking transactions you have made....still. Hell Doc is old and broke his ribs so he has an excuse.....kinda LOL

That's ok, I am not trying to impress anybody. My only excuse is life is more important than trucks. Plus its been over 5 years not 1. But she's on the home stretch now. By the time I get it finished I'll be in Columbia and you guys can keep talking about how you never new if I actually had a cruiser or not.:lol: I am trying to make it to the boil still, hoping to have it done just in time.

I'm still thinking about a set of L/C axles for my jeep. I'm real worrried about the 4.88's w/ 37 inch tires on a locked Dana 30. The pinion gear is only about 2 1/4 inches around. I fully expect it to go, but I'm going to wheel it until it does.
Speaking of which, Jeremy, what's your brother going to do w/ the 60????

I'm not sure. I've given up on trying to help him. I could have sold it 3 times for $1300, but he wants $1500. And rightfully so since the parts are worth about $2500+, however he is still walking and sometimes a little cash is better than none. I'll let you know, are you still interested in the axles?

Jeremy

They would be nice under the jeep

They would be nice under the jeep

Yes, but it would be really high gearing with 37's. Remember 60's have 3.7* third members. Though 4.11 swaps are pretty easy to find. My 4.11's turn my 38's fine. I can't wait to see how they work with a V8 and 35's on the street.:bounce:

Jeremy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom