How to roll back odometer? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm re-wiring my Fj40, and had to take the gauge cluster out. there aren't any signs of a screwdriver taking any screws out, or the faceplate off. just squirrel-eaten wires....
would it be possible to roll the odometer without disassembling the gauge cluster??

LOL
drill and roll back
too fawkin funny.
lets see, going ahead at 2000 rpm takes 20 years, i guess if you want to leave the drill working for a month or two steady.

odometer tampering, illegal unless you report it (here anyway) but if you disclose it then no issues.

nope, u have to disassemble the odometer, and clean the crap out of it, not that bad really

R

I know some people will disagree but somehow this just seems wrong to do and also is illegal in at least some states to tamper with your odometer. Just my opinion.

X2 ...me thinks you should be careful ;)

I get a kick out of driving it and watching it turn...
fj odometer.jpg

Mine was so crusty when I took it apart, if they are parked for any length of time they start to freeze up...very simple to take apart just be very careful not to scratch or bend anything and you will never know it was apart!! and as for the legality issue further back in this thread most titles ask you if the mileage is correct or if it has ever been changed, you can just denote this on the title when it is sold... mine said 76,000mi on a 1968 when I bought it, I just assume it was 176K or 276K...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom