How to replace window felt molding? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PabloVTA

beside La Caja China
SILVER Star
Threads
Just got an ‘08 200 and it has some sun fading on the passenger side. Gave it a wash and the “window felts” are cooked off and gone.
at least that’s what they are called on my 80…anyone know how to change them out?
replacements didn’t come with the clips that notoriously explode…( again; 80 references)

has the wobbly mirrors too, going to try to add a washer on the Torx bolts. Do the BP51s come with the spacer up front to level out the stink bug?
Looking forward to driving this one for a while, half the miles of my 80, half as old. 2x the power though!

8B693735-B8A3-41E8-B21E-96B958C6EC01.jpeg

Just got an ‘08 200 and it has some sun fading on the passenger side. Gave it a wash and the “window felts” are cooked off and gone.
at least that’s what they are called on my 80…anyone know how to change them out?
replacements didn’t come with the clips that notoriously explode…( again; 80 references)

has the wobbly mirrors too, going to try to add a washer on the Torx bolts. Do the BP51s come with the spacer up front to level out the stink bug?
Looking forward to driving this one for a while, half the miles of my 80, half as old. 2x the power though!

When I replaced the “window felts” on my 200, they came with everything required, so that you could basically just yank the old ones and snap in the new. Literally a couple minute job.

Maybe post a couple photos, as you reference your 80, and its a little confusing what you mean.

When I replaced the “window felts” on my 200, they came with everything required, so that you could basically just yank the old ones and snap in the new. Literally a couple minute job.

Maybe post a couple photos, as you reference your 80, and its a little confusing what you mean.
Oh man, I hope it’s that easy! I’ll look at it closer and give it a shot. Was expecting to need to lower window and pull cards/ panels and screw them in or something.

Has a clip at one end, under mirror

61E93945-CE86-45EE-8ED0-B1F626350302.jpeg

EF94B5A3-87E5-47AF-AD6A-4CB1D56D551C.jpeg

Last edited:
A2DCE822-2043-43FA-85A4-63C32A668927.jpeg

Never mind , I just hulk fingered it and it popped up and slid out. Wish the 80s were that easy!

image.jpg

Never mind , I just hulk fingered it and it popped up and slid out. Wish the 80s were that easy!

There ya go. Somewhere on here I posted about how you can literally just yank the whole thing and snap on the new one. Super easy.

Does anyone have a part number for the inside belt mounding ? 2008. Driver’s side front.

I’m not even sure that’s the proper name ??

391FF51B-C627-4CD1-8905-CA957052781D.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom