How to replace 2013-2015 LX570 High Beams? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have searched this forum, YouTube, the entire Internets...... NOTHING.

I haven't taken it upon myself yet to start tearing the front end apart to try to figure out how to access the High Beam Lamps on my 2013 LX570. They are in DIRE need of replacement; they are weak and don't even phase oncoming drivers who have their brights on (and won't turn them off).

Has anyone done this? Everything I can find says these are 9005 Halogen lamps and they appear to be halogens when on and I'm looking at them.

I'm almost to the point of trying to find a Lexus tech and pay them to show me how to do this (yes, I am deathly afraid of anyone at a shop touching my cars).

I must have missed that dust cover the 3 times I looked hard at the area trying my best to figure out how WTH to do in the Autozone parking lot....

I'll take another look tonight

I must have missed that dust cover the 3 times I looked hard at the area trying my best to figure out how WTH to do in the Autozone parking lot....

I'll take another look tonight

It's a big gray circle - maybe 4" in diameter. Oh and stating the obvious but you have to pull the beauty covers that hide the engine bay.

It's a big gray circle - maybe 4" in diameter. Oh and stating the obvious but you have to pull the beauty covers that hide the engine bay.

Finally had a chance to re-check on this last night. I was almost there in the parts store parking lot then.... I took the passenger cover off last night to find the transverse mounted 9005 lamp.....

I have to say this is the most GM/Ford/Fiat/Kia/Hyundai/Nissan thing I've found on this LX since owning it. What a crock of crap. No wonder the bright lights are pathetic.

I'm going to buy some high-end Sylvania SuperStars and put in there. I wish there was a factory OE LED headlight replacement for the 2013-2015, like there is for my Tundra.

Thanks again for the help.

Ohhh Kay......

I installed the new Sylvania Sooper-dooper Silverstar Ultra lamps and finally 'tested' them last night. They ARE brighter than the 9005 lamps that were in there (not sure if they were original or not), but the visibility with high beams on is extremely poor. I'd say it is on par with 1989 expectations of high beams back then.

Let me say that we live in a fairly rural area, not the subdivision. There's quite a bit of driving done at dark on 2-lane county roads that can be populated with deer/etc. Plus we are old. Bright light is mandatory. So no, I'm not the one driving around with the brights on all the time, blinding you and everyone else and in complete oblivion not turning them off.

I can't believe there's not some fairly simple upgrade/"fix" for these pathetic high-beams in what was a $92k vehicle in 2013....

Nothing? I need to fix this on my own? I do feel like some sort of aiming/leveling adjustment on the high beam projector will help a little. My 2015 RX350 has the same setup with HID low beams and 9005 high beams (but the lamp is not turned 90 degrees from the projector) and the lighting is much, much better. Nothing like my Tundra with the OEM LED headlights, but better than the LX570....

Lenses clear? My friend's 13LX has great high beams with the original bulbs, though they aren't LED headlamp level of output. I put HIR bulbs into my 13 LC (reflector vs your projector) and they are really, really good.

You may be able to do the drop-in LED bulbs (depending on room for the heat sink) but those are notorious for altering the beam pattern. Plus depending on that heat sink orientation if they are behind the dust cover they won't shed heat correctly which will reduce light output, if not make the diode fail prematurely.

There are some good writeups on here for installing a light bar in the lower grille slot.. maybe a good option for you. If so I'd consider a high quality bar like Rigid vs the chinese knock-offs.

Ohhh Kay......

I installed the new Sylvania Sooper-dooper Silverstar Ultra lamps and finally 'tested' them last night. They ARE brighter than the 9005 lamps that were in there (not sure if they were original or not), but the visibility with high beams on is extremely poor. I'd say it is on par with 1989 expectations of high beams back then.

Let me say that we live in a fairly rural area, not the subdivision. There's quite a bit of driving done at dark on 2-lane county roads that can be populated with deer/etc. Plus we are old. Bright light is mandatory. So no, I'm not the one driving around with the brights on all the time, blinding you and everyone else and in complete oblivion not turning them off.

I can't believe there's not some fairly simple upgrade/"fix" for these pathetic high-beams in what was a $92k vehicle in 2013....

Nothing? I need to fix this on my own? I do feel like some sort of aiming/leveling adjustment on the high beam projector will help a little. My 2015 RX350 has the same setup with HID low beams and 9005 high beams (but the lamp is not turned 90 degrees from the projector) and the lighting is much, much better. Nothing like my Tundra with the OEM LED headlights, but better than the LX570....
I wired these led aux lights to my brights via a tapped fuse into the relay included in the lights…wasn’t too difficult…I had to turn off my daytime running lights in the menu on the dash to make it work right though…as it is stock, the highs always receive a bit of juice as a day time running lamp. As already indicated, if you wire a bar or aux lights directly into the bright, you’ll need to turn that off in the touch screen on your dash.

75673B23-56C0-47A5-968E-661543A9531D.jpeg

2013-15 LXs have a projector high beam.. do they have the same DRL strategy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom