How to repair plastic strip on side doors? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone,

I made a youtube video clearly illustrating the problem.

How would you repair?

Also, what are these things called should I need to order new ones?

Your help is greatly appreciated,

Phil

Funny you post this - I literally went to a body shop this morning to make an appointment to have this repair completed. Happened to the driver's door.

Just fixed the exact same thing. Ordered replacement clips from the dealer. Took the whole thing of, and cleaner off the old double sided tape and replaced with 3m tape. Installed new clips on trim piece and put back on. Make sure to keep it as forward as possible when installing, as the end has a slight curve that kind of fits a little past the panel.

collk22, how much is the repair going to cost?

Funny you post this - I literally went to a body shop this morning to make an appointment to have this repair completed. Happened to the driver's door.

collk22, how much is the repair going to cost?

Estimate was less than $300, including parts. Estimated parts at ~$170 for the piece from Toyota and a couple of hours of labor to put it on and make sure the door was properly aligned. I have neither the time nor inclination to tackle the job myself so I chose to outsource.

Did it myself. Worked great. Reused my old parts. I'm guessing clips, sticker removal spray by 3M, plastic body part tools and 3M tape were about $40. Thanks everyone for their advice and help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom