How to remove terminals from this connector type? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

I'm trying to remove terminals from this connector. As you can see, I was able to pull the terminal retainer (the yellow part), but I'm not sure if I should be able to remove it fully from the connector before trying to remove terminals or is this enough? I can't figure it out by looking inside the connector. Obviously I don't want to apply too much force and break something. And then I'm not sure how to remove this type of terminals. Any hint would be much appreciated. I have the special tool mentioned in Toyota Wire Harness Repair Manual and I used it with success with other terminal type.

1.jpg
2.jpg

There is a plastic tab (which is part of the connector) which holds the terminal in place in the valley of the 'B' shape. The yellow lock plate pulls straight out, though it is not strictly necessary. With a thin metal pick, you pry the plastic tab away from the terminal. Ideally, you simultaneously push the terminal out of the back of the connector, though this can be tricky. An alternative is to pull straight back gently on the wire - you won't pull the wire out of the terminal unless it's already damaged.

There is a plastic tab (which is part of the connector) which holds the terminal in place in the valley of the 'B' shape. The yellow lock plate pulls straight out, though it is not strictly necessary. With a thin metal pick, you pry the plastic tab away from the terminal. Ideally, you simultaneously push the terminal out of the back of the connector, though this can be tricky. An alternative is to pull straight back gently on the wire - you won't pull the wire out of the terminal unless it's already damaged.
Thanks a lot! I pulled the yellow lock plate a bit stronger and it came out and then I could see the plastic tab clearly and things became obvious. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom