How to remove plastic trim along center console? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey folks,

I am looking for a place to install the radio body of my new Yaesu FTM-400XDR, and am considering mounting it to this plastic trim piece on the side of the center console, above the driver-side footwell. Can anyone share some guidance on how to remove this piece of trim? I'd ideally like to mount the bracket with bolts to support it from the underside, instead of just using screws.

And I am certainly open to other suggestions for where to mount the radio body. The antenna is/will be mounted at the front of the vehicle, for what it's worth.
IMG_9477.jpeg

That is an integral part if the console and doesn't just pop off. You'll need to do disassembly to get to the part where you open the top (where the shifter and switches live) to get to the backside of that area. Remove cupholder, shift knob, etc.

I have the body of my 400 under the drivers seat, there is a pocket under the carpet that fits it nicely. Screen/control is on the windscreen. cables run under the drivers side sill plate

That is an integral part if the console and doesn't just pop off. You'll need to do disassembly to get to the part where you open the top (where the shifter and switches live) to get to the backside of that area. Remove cupholder, shift knob, etc.
Roger that, thank you.

I have the body of my 400 under the drivers seat, there is a pocket under the carpet that fits it nicely. Screen/control is on the windscreen. cables run under the drivers side sill plate
That is good to know. I'm going to have to take a closer look under there. Any chance you have a picture of your setup?

On my manual one it is just a questionnof force… and you need to remove everything around bevor doing it.

Hey thank you! Do you just fold the carpet back over top of the radio then?
Yep, there is a hole in the carpet from the factory, I think I remember making it bigger or cutting to the edge to open it up. But once the seat is back you can't see it

Nice !

Where did you get the rj45 plug panel thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom