How to remove Factory Flares (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Asking for some help. FJ62, Australia. Factory flares.

Rear/Quarter. I removed all the screw/nuts and they seem to have some sort of plastic pinch stud into the body. From inside they are just a small plastic stud. One side was already broken, leaving big plastic/fibreglass plugs connected to the body.

question, how to you remove these plastic plugs? I dont want to break them. Do I need a trim remover, or can I knock them out from internal?

And any hints for the front one?

Asking for some help. FJ62, Australia. Factory flares.

Rear/Quarter. I removed all the screw/nuts and they seem to have some sort of plastic pinch stud into the body. From inside they are just a small plastic stud. One side was already broken, leaving big plastic/fibreglass plugs connected to the body.

question, how to you remove these plastic plugs? I dont want to break them. Do I need a trim remover, or can I knock them out from internal?

And any hints for the front one?
I don’t think I’ve ever seen those here in the states. But we have snake blinders that attach with the same clip you’re describing. Mine have been detached since I got the truck because the clips were snapped. I think a trim remover with a V groove might help press the clip together allowing you to push it through hole on the body. I have some replacement clips in storage. I’d take a photo for you, but I’m not near my storage unit right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom