How to remove drivers door intact (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi Cruisers! I need to replace a drivers side door on FJ62, to replace with another one (rust). I want to remove the wiring harness intact. I managed to 'unplug' the one big and one medium plugs under the dash from the door harness, but the looking at the routing hole in the door jam, does not look big enough to pull it through, not to mention it does not really align the wiring, so I would need to pull the wiring round some corners? Am I going about this correctly as I'm trying to avoid cutting wires? Its a fully electric door etc! The harness inside the door look far more complicated?

Unplug everything inside the door (PW &lock). Harness comes right out the hole on the A- pillar side. There will be one or two small clips you’ll have to pop out on the front edge of the door. These hold the harness in place on the inside of the door. No need to cut or unplug anything from inside the truck.

Unplug everything inside the door (PW &lock). Harness comes right out the hole on the A- pillar side. There will be one or two small clips you’ll have to pop out on the front edge of the door. These hold the harness in place on the inside of the door. No need to cut or unplug anything from inside the truck.
Thanks. I wouldn't have picked that. It seems like more work, but at least its mostly accessible. I'll give it a try.

success. Had to depin, the big square plug, but that was the only one. just needed a small screwdriver to push the metal blade out (push from middle to outside), then pull rear cable our with fingers or pliers. Take a pic before to remember where they all go back. I removed the higher-up plastic tabs that clip into the door (they are only held with black tape), as these would have been very tricky to push through. unplugged all the cables, which was easy through the door holes, then pushed them all back through the a-pillar hole. Removed the hinge bolts then door off. oh, to start with I have to remove internal door handle, as it threads through the clear plastic dust cover, but that seemed ok.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom