How to remove cap glass? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Whats the trick to removing the glass while preserving the rubber,not breaking the glass or chipping paint. Thanks

Yeah........for some strange reason,that info didnt help me remove the glass

Cap glass? :confused: Did you mean hardtop glass? If so you need plenty of time if the rubber is old and stuck. You need to push the glass from the inside towards the outside while prying up the inside rubber lip. If the rubber is old and whose isn't, it is really stiff & probably stuck. Mine had a bead of glass sealent. I just removed the glass from the lift hatch and used some small bicycle tire irons to hold the lip up while pushing down on the glass. Also be sure and use some soapy water to help keep from damaging the rubber seals. Start in the corner and work your way around. On large glass work from corner to corner along the short side first. Then go along the 2 longer sides equally. An extra set of hands would help. Hard to push and hold at the same time unless you have a large glazers suction cup. Might want to recondition the seals after removing them if you are not replacing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom