How to release terminals from electrical connector housing? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to replace this fuel pump connector housing (broke the tab :censor:). Does anyone know how to release the terminals from the housing. I have tried inserting a tool below the tab opening. I have searched the webs and youtubes to no avail. I know that the white part pulls out to release the lock on the teminals. I just con't figure out how to make the termnal release and back out.

If you know how and respond, please be specific on where to insert release tool and how to move it.

Here are pictures of the connector:

49124678982_8eee790b20_c.jpg
49124493186_d1f97f3d97_c.jpg

Show us another side - front of connector where white visible
You will want to pry this while plastic out, it should come out about 1/8

Then each contact - you will need to insert tiny screwdriver to release it.

Depending what is the purpose - I just cracked all of mine open (when I was replacing them).

I have the tool. Just not sure how to release the terminal. I know you have to insert it in the front after moving the white plastic lock out. Just not sure the exact movement.

It's probably 3 parts. White, grey, and the black colored ring at the base. The ring should come forward and then the white part will click to an putter position or just slide all the way off.
Just my guess from other water proof ones I've looked at

I've gotten to the point where I just carefully break the housing apart being sure to note the orientation of everything.

Insert tool between the inner white plastic and the metal terminal part, pry them apart, then pull wire from back. The wire is being held in by a tab on the base of the white plastic piece.

just tried to attach the connector manual, I guess it's too big now. But I know it's been posted on here before.

If it's too much of a hassle there are new ones with wires on eBay.
But there are tabs holding the white part in. Maybe just one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom