How to reattach drivers side window (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello!

I recently joined the Land Cruiser community with a 1985 FJ60. One issue I'd like to get fixed asap is that the front driver's side window doesn't work. I have opened the door panel and discovered that the glass is detached from the regulator. The part the glass is supposed to attach to is just metal, is there supposed to be some kind of felt or rubber in there? Any advice on how to reattach the window or what part I need to get to replace it? I tried to find a solution with a search but didn't find an answer.

Thanks!

Roll the window all the way down, there should be two bolt holes for 10mm bolts that attach the window to the regulator. If your regulator is hard to roll up, stripped, or the holes are wallowed out, just get a new TOYOTA regulator and not a oem equivalent. I have tried the knockoffs and they all suck.

Roll the window all the way down, there should be two bolt holes for 10mm bolts that attach the window to the regulator. If your regulator is hard to roll up, stripped, or the holes are wallowed out, just get a new TOYOTA regulator and not a oem equivalent. I have tried the knockoffs and they all suck.
Sorry I think my initial post might not have been clear. The glass is not attached to anything, even the window track (I think that's the correct term). So I'm trying to reattach the glass to the window track. I actually just replaced the regulator so everything is working fine on that end.

Look at the passenger side window to see how it's supposed to mount

Ah i gotcha the metal part is part number 6982090A02. Its attached with a i think rubber filler piece. Im unsure if there needs to be some kind of sealant in there or something, but the filler that connects the window to the metal channel is 6997190K00. Im assuming youll need some kind of sealant for the window to the rubber or the rubber to the metal. Ive not done that before unfortunately

MBB659C.jpg

Ah i gotcha the metal part is part number 6982090A02. Its attached with a i think rubber filler piece. Im unsure if there needs to be some kind of sealant in there or something, but the filler that connects the window to the metal channel is 6997190K00. Im assuming youll need some kind of sealant for the window to the rubber or the rubber to the metal. Ive not done that before unfortunately

MBB659C.jpg
This is exactly what I needed! Thank you!

Facing same issue - I'm trying to pull the rubber filler piece out, reattach to window glass, then slide back into metal. The glass won't wont go into rubber while rubber is in the metal track...

Facing same issue - I'm trying to pull the rubber filler piece out, reattach to window glass, then slide back into metal. The glass won't wont go into rubber while rubber is in the metal track...
Try assembling it outside if the track and then press it in as a unit. Or try some diluted dish soap to get it to slip in place?

Try using windex to lubricate the window and rubber strip.

thanks guys, will try to do while in the door with windex / soap...stay tuned :)

Yep. I unbolted metal track from the regulator. Then put rubber on glass, then pushed into metal track.

Late to this party, but would like to remove my back windows. Has anyone done that as well? Back window doesnt have bolts like the front. Having trouble figuring out how to slide it off the rail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom