how to pull out old windshield reservoir tank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK, folks, time for today's Profoundly Dumb Question. How the heck do you remove the windshield reservoir tank? Mine is leaking badly at the bottom, but I can't see far enough down the sides to determine if the tank is cracked or perhaps a seal is just going. I'm also not sure how/where to remove the various lines which go from the tank to the little spritzers. I tried to peer down from above, tried to crawl underneath, and can't even see the tank or plumbing from underneath. I looked through the FSM and Haynes both, and there's no mention there (not that I found anyway) for how to remove it. My truck has the weird-shaped tank which goes at the back of the engine bay, just on the other side of the passenger side firewall. If someone knows where that info is located in the FSM, that would be awesome. Thanks in advance.
Kathryn and Kaylee

the tank on the rear of the inner passenger side fender?
there are 2 bolts you can see from the top and 1or 2 bolts underneath
the 2 on top need to be removed completely and the 1 or 2 underneath, IIRCC, just need to be loosened up a bit and the tank slides up and out.
plenty of play in the wiring and tubing to get the tank out.

OK, folks, time for today's Profoundly Dumb Question. How the heck do you remove the windshield reservoir tank? Mine is leaking badly at the bottom, but I can't see far enough down the sides to determine if the tank is cracked or perhaps a seal is just going. I'm also not sure how/where to remove the various lines which go from the tank to the little spritzers. I tried to peer down from above, tried to crawl underneath, and can't even see the tank or plumbing from underneath. I looked through the FSM and Haynes both, and there's no mention there (not that I found anyway) for how to remove it. My truck has the weird-shaped tank which goes at the back of the engine bay, just on the other side of the passenger side firewall. If someone knows where that info is located in the FSM, that would be awesome. Thanks in advance.
Kathryn and Kaylee
the tank on the rear of the inner passenger side fender?
there are 2 bolts you can see from the top and 1or 2 bolts underneath
the 2 on top need to be removed completely and the 1 or 2 underneath, IIRCC, just need to be loosened up a bit and the tank slides up and out.
plenty of play in the wiring and tubing to get the tank out.

i have all the related install parts if u run into a snag here ?

NEW OUP pump motors

blue tint hose

grommets for motor pump

mounting bolts

all genuine toyota OEM ASMO parts JAPAN

thanks

1650018957876.png

1650018977847.png

1650018997727.png

1650019015281.png

1650019027228.png

1650019039576.png

1650019052870.png

1650019074053.png

Happy to report that I did pull the reservoir and the tank itself was fine. Some little rodent had chewed through the main feed line going to the emitters, and that was the source of the leak. I had enough slack that I was able to get a barb fitting and just splice a repair. Don't worry @ToyotaMatt, my shopping list for you is still growing. I also found yet one more vacuum leak yesterday while working on the reservoir tank, so I got that fixed. Two fewer items on the to-do list today.
Kathryn and Kaylee

Happy to report that I did pull the reservoir and the tank itself was fine. Some little rodent had chewed through the main feed line going to the emitters, and that was the source of the leak. I had enough slack that I was able to get a barb fitting and just splice a repair. Don't worry @ToyotaMatt, my shopping list for you is still growing. I also found yet one more vacuum leak yesterday while working on the reservoir tank, so I got that fixed. Two fewer items on the to-do list today.
Kathryn and Kaylee

your 2 folks are troopers !

good job

when you next stop by to say hi and pick up some needed must haves , make sure u add this to the check out notes :

" Remember Kathryn and Kaylee matt you helped us R & R our FJ60 washer bottle due to JDM Mice chewing on it "

i will simply NEVER forget this TOP secret Skunk Works COUPON CODE phrase ! :D

i will intern make sure u both recieve one of these DOPUBLE sided TOOL ROLL assy Parts tote bags , we just gat hand made by a LOCAL

tough as nails canvas matches any tool roll oem in JDM style fit form and function !

BILLY BAGS are HARD CORE H55F grade swag !

320C6082-F316-40C3-93D4-75E94D3EC399.jpeg
5954BAD6-F56E-4025-8BA2-C8D15F37AE82.jpeg
B9EA505B-4AEA-408C-B54B-6C6CC1D0C4C1.jpeg
B50D0067-73F2-444F-A1C0-DB9C8616DEAD.jpeg
bj25.jpg
C2AD8FCA-1D9F-4621-A13F-5FEBED59631D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom