How to prove to insurance carrier new problems resulted from same accident (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I work for a body shop part of TD insurance as a Production Manager.
All I can say is complain to your adjustor, they will make it happen.
The only thing that insurance will not take care will be the windows going up slower than before, its close to impossible to relate it to the accident. The shop can lube the tracks buts that's it. Did they use a used door? Was the door damaged? I imagine they had to paint the door but the glass or regulator doesn't have to come out.
If you provide more info about the repairs I can help out.
Thanks. Sorry i wasn't clear. No repair has been done yet. Adjustor/assessor hasn't come to check it yet. Accident just happened a day ago. I'm just thinking ahead. No adjustor would be as knowledgeable about cruisers as Mudders :D So I'm sure insurance will likely underestimate the price to fix.

Though any thoughts on new issues that may appear after fixing is also relevant to the topic for future reference.
Thanks!

Last edited:
For my next steps, should i wait for the insurance company's appraiser to come inspect and give a (probably very low) number, then i get the truck towed to a trusted bodyshop and also a mechanic shop, to get their estimate, and then contest the appraiser's number with my bodyshop/mechanic's numbers to the adjustor?

Thanks. Sorry i wasn't clear. No repair has been done yet. Adjustor/assessor hasn't come to check it yet. Accident just happened a day ago. I'm just thinking ahead. No adjustor would be as knowledgeable about cruisers as Mudders :D So I'm sure insurance will likely underestimate the price to fix.

Though any thoughts on new issues that may appear after fixing is also relevant to the topic for future reference.
Thanks!

the adjusters have computer programs that they use, which gives a base line for repairs for what is obvious, the hidden stuff gets found when the body shop dis-assembles and finds deeper damage, then the adjuster goes back and modifies the claim

It doesn't look that bad mechanically. New bolts for the tie rod bracket, probably a new ABS sensor harness and sensor.

I would consider carrying collision in the future as the value on these has gone up quite a bit; but its of course your decision in the end what to carry for coverage. I think the last Insurance Institute statement was that one in eight US drivers is uninsured. Crazy.

there's a bunch more damage there, spindle/knuckle assembly, maybe upper A arm?, frame attachments? CV axle is well beyond its angle limit, damage to the diff carrier? bumper cover, maybe crash bar?, wheel and tire?

For my next steps, should i wait for the insurance company's appraiser to come inspect and give a (probably very low) number, then i get the truck towed to a trusted bodyshop and also a mechanic shop, to get their estimate, and then contest the appraiser's number with my bodyshop/mechanic's numbers to the adjustor?

generally have the adjuster look at it first, they haven't contacted you yet?
remember, as of right now your claim is with the driver who hit your rig, until he turns it over to his insurance .
is there a police report? is all of the drivers info on there? you can call the insurance and see if they even know about the wreck

around me, the body shops will do almost all of the work, body and mechanical. no need to go to 2 different places

Thanks for the advice. It's a stock 07 with somewhat high mileage but everything up to date. I'll explore the option with insurance attorney.

View attachment 2780610

View attachment 2780612
By looking at the pictures:
- New/used/aftermarket fender (depending on your policy)
- New bumper brackets
- New front cover
- clean and re-tape fender molding
- possible repair to inner fender
- new knuckle with possible bent upper arm
- bearing repack
- new abs sensor and wire harness
- new headlamp
- lower headlamp filler
- fog lamp
- balance wheel
- inspect the tire for cuts
- mech inspections and wheel alignment

Its a easy repair and should be an issue except for the window issue. If you havent replaced the steering rack I would ask for a new one

Hey I didnt read through the comments, but im an auto damage appraiser for a body shop and your current issue is my more or less my job. (to make sure the insurance company covers everything related to the loss) feel free to shoot me a PM and ill help walk you through it the best I can

Hey I didnt read through the comments, but im an auto damage appraiser for a body shop and your current issue is my more or less my job. (to make sure the insurance company covers everything related to the loss) feel free to shoot me a PM and ill help walk you through it the best I can
PM'ed you. Thanks!

any update on this?

any update on this?
Curious as well. I had vehicle with front end damage and insurance wouldn’t cover an alignment.

I’m sure it varies by insurance adjuster and body shop, however in my experience, insurance does not want to cover anything that could have been a pre-existing condition.

any update on this?
The appraisor came to inspect the truck. But after that, no communication from the other driver's insurance. Adjustor not responding to phone calls/emails. I reached his colleague and was told they are still investigating and not admitting liability yet. The police report clear indicates the drunk driver is at fault. (My truck was correctly parked and i was not at scene when the drunk driver lost control and crashed into my truck.)

The appraisor came to inspect the truck. But after that, no communication from the other driver's insurance. Adjustor not responding to phone calls/emails. I reached his colleague and was told they are still investigating and not admitting liability yet. The police report clear indicates the drunk driver is at fault. (My truck was correctly parked and i was not at scene when the drunk driver lost control and crashed into my truck.)
Who is your vehicle insured with? Sounds like a mess.

Who is your vehicle insured with? Sounds like a mess.
Unfortunately I don't have full coverage on my truck/cars because i have 3 old vehicles and it would cost too much to coverage them all. Only liability+uninsured motorist coverages. So now i have to rely on the other driver's insurance (Dairyland/Sentry). :cry:

you may need to bring suit against the driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom