How to predict spring and torsion bar settling (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok folks, this is where I am at. After installing the ironman front bumper and winch, I have purchased parts to get my suspension back to a better position. I plan to install ome torsion bars and 865 rear springs with air bags. In theory I would try to install everything in a weekend, get an alingment and be done. I doubt it will be that easy. My question is, that if I try to install torsion bars and rear springs at the same time, is there a way to predict how much each will settle?

mine settled a little less than .5 inch in the front, not much in the rear after a few hundred miles. but making fine adjustments is really easy by adding a few turns to the torsion bar bolts.

Reactions: GTV
mine settled a little less than .5 inch in the front, not much in the rear after a few hundred miles. but making fine adjustments is really easy by adding a few turns to the torsion bar bolts.
Thanks. I was hoping to determine a final height after settling, then I would feel more confident about spending money on the alignment.

Get a lifetime alignment. Align again during and after springs settle.
I’m not familiar with the concept. Who offers this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom