How To: PO155 O2 Oxygen Sensor Heater Circuit Bank 2 Sensor 1 - Replacement Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It's been posted elsewhere, but here's the easy way to install the passenger side upstream O2 sensor for code PO155 Oxygen Sensor Bank 2 Sensor 1

Total time about 10 minutes.

1) Get a Denso Direct Fit Oxygen Sensor part number: 234 4169

2) I was on the passenger side and broke it loose from up top w/ a 22mm flare wrench. The system was warm(not hot), and I sprayed the threads down w/ PB blaster when it was still fairly hot. It broke loose easily considering the nuts and bolts are rusty on this rig.

3) I undid the electrical plug, then unscrewed it by hand and pulled it out of the passenger side wheel well(the wheels were turned all the way to the L). I pulled the three plastic clips off the bottom of the shield, but did not disturb the top ones.

4) I put the copper colored high temp anti seize on the threads, screwed it back in, and plugged the electrical connector back in. For me this was the hardest part, it took a few minutes to get this to click back together, really bendy hands or a sixth finger would help.

5) Replace the clips in the bottom of the shield.

6) Clear the codes(w/ a scanner or unhook the battery and tap the brake pedal).

7) Crack open a beer, fire her up and let it idle for 15 minutes, and enjoy the money you just saved doing this yourself!

Last edited:
Thanks for the writeup, this one is in my near future!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom