how to paint stock bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey,
Im still in the process of getting my fjz 80 in working order ie: new signal marker(next to the headlight) and suggestions on getting it installed would be great. Anyways I just got a stock bumper installed but its beige like the lx 450 color. As a result I'd like to paint it black. My fjz 80's white and the black would make it look much better. any suggestions on painting the bumper? Thanks
Victor

Shake the can till the ball rattles areound a lot, point can at bumper, and press down button.

Really though, if you prep it well spray bombing can be effective.

Shake the can till the ball rattles areound a lot, point can at bumper, and press down button.

Really though, if you prep it well spray bombing can be effective.

Boone, you beat me to it... If you want a tougher finish you can sand the bumper down with some 220grit lay a coat of primer and then a few of your finish coat.

The rattle can will work okay for the center section that's metal, but will not last on the end-caps which are plastic. The plastic "moves" with temperature and vibration and will eventually shed the paint; it will peel off in layers. For those (if you plan to rattle-can it), you might want to look for some of that Krylon Fusion paint that's made for plastic. Not sure if it comes in black or not, but that would be a better choice. You could also use it on the center section.

I did my bumper a while back (sprayed it the stock gray color; real sprayer, not the rattle-can) and used some of that 3M additive for the end-caps. It makes the paint flexible so that it won't peel off later. Has been good for over three years now with no sign of coming off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom