How to lock rear axle if actuator is dead (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

have a new rear locker actuator to fit to my ‘95 LC as the old one is toast. Am just wondering what the procedure is to get the rear axle locked with a dead actuator. I presume get everything undone and, with a thick screwdriver or small pry bar move the lever inside the diff that the actuator bolts to while rotating one rear wheel until they both engage?

There is a little access plate that the lock position sensor goes into on the front of the axle housing.
Remove that plate, and undo the small bolt inside that tightens the actuator rod to the locking collar. then just move the locking collar towards the diff to lock it (while turning one of the wheels, to make sure it locks all the way). You dont need to remove the actuator for this.

There is a little access plate that the lock position sensor goes into on the front of the axle housing.
Remove that plate, and undo the small bolt inside that tightens the actuator rod to the locking collar. then just move the locking collar towards the diff to lock it (while turning one of the wheels, to make sure it locks all the way). You dont need to remove the actuator for this.
Awesome, thanks for the explanation! Will get on this tomorrow!

Thanks @bergxu and @TurboDennis...i wanted to know how to do this too. Might need it on the trail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom