How to kill SLA battery, an expert's guide. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Move to the Phoenix valley with an old battery and never drive your cruiser. Works like a charm.
So I need to buy a couple batteries, I was going to tape a bunch of d-cells together but the math didn't work out. I need one for my big s***box (LC) and my little s***box (4runner) and maybe a couple battery tenders/wish.com fire solar panels. What batteries are you people running? Everyone seems to be dogging those optimas these days, which I'm not cool enough to buy anyway. I don't run a bunch of equipment or lights.

Last consensus was go get a couple interstate batteries. CSC has a discount.

Batteries are basically a big chunk of lead. Buy the warranty.

Last consensus was go get a couple interstate batteries. CSC has a discount.

Batteries are basically a big chunk of lead. Buy the warranty.
I'd like to buy one of these gucci lipos but im not paying 400 dollars to murder a battery in this heat. How do I make use of this discount? Is it like a meet a guy in a dark alley or do I need to order it online?

Highly recommend Northstar battery - excellent reviews. Big solid chunk of battery build to last. Our mechanic that has installed a couple of them, couldn't believe how heavy it was for the size. If you're gonna get a battery, get a AGM with best technology... AGM Thin Plate - https://www.northstarbattery.com/agm
Slow down money bags. My wife says I should order it but I don't think she knows what it cost in cheeseburgers to feed me when I'm not home. I also don't like lifting a 347.6 pound battery into my rig until I lower it. Those do look like some sweet batteries though.

As a side note, im gonna need someone to put out this telegraph fire, s*** is not cash money.

I'd like to buy one of these gucci lipos but im not paying 400 dollars to murder a battery in this heat. How do I make use of this discount? Is it like a meet a guy in a dark alley or do I need to order it online?

Call the Interstate warehouse in Mesa, 480-962-0392. Tell the lady who answers the phone you're with Copper State Cruisers and you're looking for some SLA batteries. You'll have to go there and pick it up, if they have what you want in stock. It's off Broadway.

Slow down money bags. My wife says I should order it but I don't think she knows what it cost in cheeseburgers to feed me when I'm not home. I also don't like lifting a 347.6 pound battery into my rig until I lower it. Those do look like some sweet batteries though.

As a side note, im gonna need someone to put out this telegraph fire, s*** is not cash money.
Yeah, NorthStar batteries are pricey. But like the man on the TV always said, "you can pay me now or pay me later". Needing a jump or worse yet having a battery fail completely at the least convenient time can be a real pain. All depends how far off the grid you take your rig. Gotta agree that a good battery tender is worth it to extend battery life - I have three of them always connected to the smaller toys (Polaris Ace, Honda Ruckus).

Costco for the easy returns (and no testing BS/runaround), and a Li-ion jump start pack always in the rig. At first sign of slow start, it goes back for a new one, every 18-30 months. They're a consumable in this climate... :meh:

we have switched entirely to Batteries Plus X2Power - pricey, yes, but comes with a 5 year warranty, no questions asked

although I have to admit, the >12-year-old yellowtop Optima that used to run in the Blazer, is still going strong as a spare in the garage and has jumped several cruisers since

Costco for the easy returns (and no testing BS/runaround), and a Li-ion jump start pack always in the rig. At first sign of slow start, it goes back for a new one, every 18-30 months. They're a consumable in this climate... :meh:
I stopped in the tempe costco today, dude at the tire shop told me this is what he does lol. I'd like to ball out on a battery but 3 years vs 2 for another 300 doesn't add up.

I only do Costco batteries as outlined above, for all my cars.

Best thing about costco is they will do a return no questions asked within the warranty period. Worst thing is they usually have to order 27F batteries, and there is not a costco in flagstaff.

I switched to sams club duracell platinum 31m AGM's for everything. So far they are working well. Camped for 2.5 days in my wifes 4runner, truck parked in the sun and not started the whole trip. Running my 55l dometic and charging everyones devices it still had 12.3v. I have one in my 16ft travel trailer that runs lights, water pump, 2 fans and the furnace. A 100w solar panel keeps it charged and has not dropped below 12.3v. about 100 discharge cycles on that one so far, no noticeable change in performance.

I still have not put the 31m in my 80 yet, but it has a parasitic drain that has destroyed many optimas. Right now I have a yellow top in it with a battery tender.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom