How to keep moisture out from under a rubber floormat? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
instagram.com
Hey there. I want to put down a rubber floor mat in my FJ40. I have sound-deadening foam as well. Anything I can use to keep the moisture down? I don't want to encourage rust by putting a rubber floor mat.

Any tips appreciated!

Thanks

Hey there. I want to put down a rubber floor mat in my FJ40. I have sound-deadening foam as well. Anything I can use to keep the moisture down? I don't want to encourage rust by putting a rubber floor mat.

Any tips appreciated!

Thanks

Keep the water out?

devo

1664081220216.png

1664081282528.png

Water has to be able to drain. Then it needs air flow so whatever is left will evaporate as quick as possible. Individual driver/passenger mats would allow more air flow than a total front floor mat.

Park the truck indoors at all times, and after you wash it or drive it in the rain, prop up the rubber floor mat with blocks of wood (or other handy objects, soak up any pools of water (since every FJ40 leaks) and let it air dry. You might also remove all the mats (if you have many) once a year to check for rust you may have missed.

I have rubber floormats and hate it when it rains because the floor always gets wet. I get leaks from my cowel vent, dashboard, doors, windshield, etc. Most of it has been replaced with new rubber but it'll still prone to have some leaks.

Run a water hose over your vehicle beforehand and find where any of the trouble areas are when it comes to water getting inside. I guess you can use caulking water sealant on some areas to make sure it's waterproof.

Other than that, depending on how much water got it, leaving a kick vent open during the day might be enough to air out the rig. On really rainy days I'll take out the floor mats to dry out completely as I also have the sound deadening mat, which holds in a lot of moisture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom