How to interpret 100 axle code... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings all;

In 80s axle code K294 is difflock. But how do you tell if 100s (1998-1999) has a difflock?

Thanks in advance.

I am assume you are looking at an axle that has no r&p. I say that becasue it would be very obvious via looking at the dif lock actuator if you were looking at a complete axle.

Am I missing something?

I think he's talking about the door tag/plate thingy. There is code (K294) on the 80's that states if it has lockers or not. Which code would he be looking for on a 100?

hoser said:
I think he's talking about the door tag/plate thingy. There is code (K294) on the 80's that states if it has lockers or not. Which code would he be looking for on a 100?

YES. I am in the market for 80 or 100 and I do not want to ask the dealer or seller whether it has a difflock or not... I usually ask for a picture of a tag at the door with axle code...

Thanks bunch guys.

Why would you just not ask? I do not understand?

But anyway, I do not know the code or if there is a code. I am driving my 40 today so I cannot go out and look. Sorry

I guess you could just ask too. But lot of times, like on Ebay for an example, you already have a picture of an axle code along with a VIN. If I knew how to intepret the code, it saves me of calling and emailing them. Not to mention it saves me making a trip down to a dealer just to verify wether it has a locker... It's also just a part of negotiating process when looking and buying LCs... And of course, I've learned from the link below.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=29993

Thanks.

seems to me a pic of the dash would tell the tale

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom