How to install new Inner wheel wells in a FJ40 Great TECH. Video step by step and play by play .......... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ToyotaMatt

Factory Focus-Point Mind-Set Approach
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
vintageteqparts.com
How to install new Inner wheel wells in a FJ40 Great TECH. Video step by step and play by play ..........

short , but informative to say the least ...................

i live approx 45 min drive from land cruiser heaven and will be meeting with him on this coming monday

if anyone has and constructive feedback for the greater good of the 40 series community community , please send me a PM , i will take ALL suggestions

both constructive and otherwise with me on Paper to both show him and give him

i think his products are great , but need the USA spec . updates and some other tweaks for sure

i know the leed time on orders can be a issue too

im placing one for a entire 1979 FJ43l-KC TUB , or intend to , so i am going to SPEC. it to my standards , by the FSM and nothing less and see what happens .....

i will keep this thread updated with this in-shop project and the related body sheet metal topic as things developed

the 40 SERIES community Needs a Good Solid option for a Full replament TUB option , and if i can help make that happen , ...............well then it just might happen

matt

Last edited:
For a business to stock the different inner wheel wells for each market he’d have several types to have to stock

The capture nuts changed here and there besides the roll bar support for some and not for others

I think even the ribbing was slightly different on earlier cruisers @Living in the Past would know that

Probably best to offer a compromise inner wheel well ... that satisfies the need of a majority as he has ... but... maybe offer as a diy an inner roll bar support

My 2c :meh:

For a business to stock the different inner wheel wells for each market he’d have several types to have to stock

The capture nuts changed here and there besides the roll bar support for some and not for others

I think even the ribbing was slightly different on earlier cruisers @Living in the Past would know that

Probably best to offer a compromise inner wheel well ... that satisfies the need of a majority as he has ... but... maybe offer as a diy an inner roll bar support

My 2c :meh:

no , johhny

it makes perfect sense !

i just released a set of New hand made from 100% TOYOTA Genuine parts battery cables for the 40 series .

and i had to decide how to make 1 part # , reproduction , that would fir ALL fj40
from 1964-1984 .

well i did , making considerations here and there and trying take into account
a gear reduction starter VS a old single reduction one ect

the whole variety of Fusable links topic i solved with a universal one fit solutuion too

so your comment will go with me for sure

thanks for your input

matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom