How to hardwire a inclinometer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought a toyota inclinometer off ebay(all the way from NZ) and I have couple of questions about hard wiring it?

1. Can I hard wire it to work with my light switch...meaning , backlight comes on when the truck lights are on...if so how?
2. It is better to wire for it to be on when ignition is on and use the light switch on the unit to on/off the backlight?
3. Either way can I run the wires through the windscreen defroster holes on the dash board

I am thinking of fixing it between the windscreen and dashboard..it fits there nicely

your comments/ideas will be appriciated

:cheers:
IMGP#1.JPG
IMGP2.JPG
IMGP3.JPG

I would make it illuminate, &dim, with the other dash lights. You could tap into the White/Green wire at the dimmer rheostat. IMO use an inline fuse at this point to protect the factory circuit.;p
EWD.JPG

Thanks but what is rheostat and where is it located ???

That's your dash light dimmer knob, which turns a rheostat(variable resistor) to dim your dash lights. On the left side of the steering column.

And, not sure but Houston is humid/muggy - at least once in a while.
I would personally not block off the airflow from the defroster vents.
I would move the entire "pod" a bit closer to the rear of the dash.

Otherwise neat unit. did it come off a Montero/Pajero or a Nissan Patrol?

It just covers 5-6 vent holes, so it won't be a problem.
It's an Toyota OEM. Came off a Hilux.

Nice score on the inclinometer!
I installed an aftermarket unit in the 4Runner, and just tapped from the ashtray light. Not the best practice, but it worked and I got a big kick out of how the unit's lights dimmed in unison with the rest of the dashboard instrumentation lights.

Good luck with your install!

Thanks but what is rheostat and where is it located ???

I did one on my 80 and I used the rheostat wires that come off the cigerate lighter. Find any light source that has the 2 rheostat wires coming off it (green and white). You should have 2 wires on your inclinometer that will tap into each wire.

Has anyone cosidered installing an inclinometer from the FJ Cruiser? I would image you could go to any Toyota parts counter to buy the part, and install it yourself.

perfect time to ask a question I've had for a while - Exactly what are the pitch and roll limits on the 100/LX?

Obviously it would depend on weight distribution (roof rack load etc) - but I see up to 30deg pitch and roll on the inclinometer pictured above - are those the extremes? I see 2 'adjust' knobs, presumably to 'trim out' the pitch and roll, and
set the altimeter - I don't understand the altimeter display, and I'm a pilot...

Anyone?

-LX Pilot

Seen it spec'd to 45 degrees on both axis, static.
Would be reduced by lifting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom