How To Flex (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am loking for more articulation for my 40, and am looking for something bolt on. right now it has a reverse shackle lifht that gives it 2-3" fitting 35s. I am not looking for any more height, and dont want something that will mess up the steering geometry because it already has an aftermarket steering pump with the dropped pitman arm and such. I am not looking to be hard core but want a little more then it already is.

You can change out to new flexy springs lime OME, or you can work with what you have. What I did to my Rancho springs made all the difference in the world. Remove your springs, take the individual leaves apart, blast off all the rust, take a grinder to clean up the edges, repaint with some DURABLE paint, line them with adhesive backed teflon, and reassemble, making sure to leave the spring clamps relatively loose so the spring is able to slip and twist. Get new bushings, and grease them up really well. Total cost is around $50 for the teflon, $15 on paint and the price of the bushings depends on the size of course. While I'm sure there are a few other tricks out there, my ultra-stiff rancho springs went from almost no flex front or rear, to very soft. Just to see, I borrowed my dads forklift, and was able to lift any tire over 33" before lifting another tire off the ground, the fronts were a few inches more. I also chose to remove the bottom spring on mine, and worked out nicely, but that may not work out for you. Best of luck to you.

alcan can make you a nice set of flexy springs...much cheaper than ome if you're financially challenged like i am.

first, ill show you how green i am, what does SOA stand for. And I already posted a question about revolver shackels and no one had anything good to say.

soa = spring over axle

your current and stock setup is 'sua' = spring under axle...

if you look in the tech links you can find great write ups about SOAs and how to do them

malphrus

Ford front towers and longer front shocks...and make sure your shackles are angled back over the spring pack and not verticle.

Really, for flex, pull the shocks and twist up opposite corners.... RTI's do NOT max your flex. Get opposite corner tires on a berm and the other opposite corners "hanging".

see my writeup on shackle angle adjustments in the rear, same principle applies in front.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom