How to fix twisted seat belt (drivers) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I cant for the life of me figure out (without disassembling) how to get one twist out of the drivers seat belt? I tried doubling it over and pulling through, but there just isnt enough room. What do you folks recommend i do to fix? I assume you will say disassemble, so what is the most painless way to do that?

yahtzee said:
I cant for the life of me figure out (without disassembling) how to get one twist out of the drivers seat belt? I tried doubling it over and pulling through, but there just isnt enough room. What do you folks recommend i do to fix? I assume you will say disassemble, so what is the most painless way to do that?

Had the same problem when I got my '99. I just squeezed and pulled (can't wait to see what illiciite responses this brings from the peanut gallery :rolleyes: ) the belt working it back and forth until it slid through. It took a while but eventually 'I won'.

spressomon said:
Had the same problem when I got my '99. I just squeezed and pulled (can't wait to see what illiciite responses this brings from the peanut gallery :rolleyes: ) the belt working it back and forth until it slid through. It took a while but eventually 'I won'.

LOL....i squeezed and pulled but eventually my wife just went to bed.

spressomon said:

:cool: Peanut Gallery here!
Pull it out a ways :doh: I mean the belt, and fold over the belt twisting it, then pull the buckle over the doubled up belt. You'll have to tug it a little but it takes time. When I worked as a mechanic, that was a very common request during services, "can you flip that stupid belt back".

I knew it...didn't take long at all.:D

Campfire said:
:cool: Peanut Gallery here!
Pull it out a ways :doh: I mean the belt, and fold over the belt twisting it, then pull the buckle over the doubled up belt. You'll have to tug it a little but it takes time. When I worked as a mechanic, that was a very common request during services, "can you flip that stupid belt back".

i have tried and tried with no luck...ill try again tomorrow morning....is it pretty tough to take apart and fix?

yahtzee said:
i have tried and tried with no luck...ill try again tomorrow morning....is it pretty tough to take apart and fix?
Taking apart won't fix it, because you still have to pass the belt through the buckle with a half turn.

Like Campfire said...fold the belt over so that it forms a long triangle...then push-pull the belt through as if trying to stretch the belt through the holder. I messed with it for a good 1/2 hour or more before I finally got it. Having the belt warm also helps.

Just spin the bottom where it connects to the 'b' pillar (down at the floor). Until the kink is out... Just fixed mine today.

Had same problem with both of mine - passenger and driver. Thought it was an act of sabotage from the previous owner who regreted giving up his beloved vehicle!!! Took about half an hour of heavy twisting to get them back in shape. It's hard work but it can be done, just twist them over to form a triange as mentioned above and try to work the triangle through the buckle.

Another trick is to pull the belt ALL the way out so your dealing with the section thatyou don't contact all the time, and spray the belt with "dry type" silicone spray. 3M makes both the dry and "wet" types, and can be found in most automotive type paint supply stores.

i finally got it fixed on the upper part but then the lower part was twisted.....Happened to be near the dealer this morning, dropped by and they ended up ordering me a new seatbelt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom