How to fix heater T's ( Florida edition) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I live in Florida and don't have a third row. So, really had no use for rear heat. These are the factory hoses for rear heat delete that was available in warmer countries. Was a good time to replace the whole thing, since the original T's disintegrated in my hand removing the clamps! At some point I'll cap off the rear AC lines and just remove the whole rear unit. Looks like a nice place for a sub box!

is there a rear delete kit that you bought. Doing that to the heat means that rear AC won't work anymore? I've never had a vehicle that had rear climate anything.

It means no rear heat, but does not effect rear AC. Not a kit, just two Toyota part numbers: 87245-6A070 and 87245-6A060. Get most of my parts from Lakeland Toyota online. Their website is very clear and easy to use, and they seem to always have the best price when I shop around.

Oh - and if you do this, invest in some hose clamp pliers. $15 well spent (set of two)! This would have been a lousy job trying to get the hoses off the tubes with regular pliers.

Wow, just seeing this thread. My heater T completely disintegrated and was spraying coolant everywhere into my engine bay.
I will be doing this delete :)

Just did my heater tees on my newly purchased LX470. Job wasn't nearly as challenging as it's made out to be in this thread. Spray some soapy water on the hoses and have at them. I've also found that a set of pliers like these make any job related to factory hose clamps much easier without needing specialized tools. Plus, they're super handy for lots of other things.

More so was the position and placement of the hoses, it was difficult to stretch out. Soapy water def helping!

Kiwi pliers work really well too

Didn't know there were water bypass hoses as an option. Thanks for sharing, OP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom