How to fix a flooding carb.? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
well guys after i recently fixed a gas a leak on my fuel system my carburetor decided to flood. it backfired the other day and caused a small fire in my engine bay... thankfully only hoses were destroyed. cant figure out why the carb. would flood i have rebuilt it to speck at least 3 times already.. any thoughts or possible answers?

well guys after i recently fixed a gas a leak on my fuel system my carburetor decided to flood. it backfired the other day and caused a small fire in my engine bay... thankfully only hoses were destroyed. cant figure out why the carb. would flood i have rebuilt it to speck at least 3 times already.. any thoughts or possible answers?

I am sure you have some junk or dirt in the needle area .. You need to disarm your carb again and clean the bowl and needle area ...
Avoid using your truck , until you fix this ... Or you will lost you truck due to fire in the engine ( the gasoline will spill in your hot manifold and engine block)

Send the carb to Jim C.......
Oh and clean out the gas tank.

Excess pressure may be building up in the tank now that you've made the repair, and coupled with a faulty needle/seat could be causing the float-bowl to overfill. Prolly time for a carb rebuild, as well as check for 'swoosh' when you remove the gas cap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom