1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to fish and not worry about the cost of Fuel

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Rugster, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Rugster

Rugster

[​IMG]

Tried out my Carolina Skiff out for the first time this weekend. 25hp Four Stroke.

I fished it 4 times this weekend and did some exploring. Used 3 gallons of fuel.

It seems that my big boat uses that just to start up. I will use the skiff more on calm days and for fishing the shallows for strippers this fall.

2. Landpimp

Landpimp

Media:
    I run my 130 Yamaha for about 2 mins to get to fishing, then the 9.9 4 stoke, still on the same tank of gas I started the year with :)

got 4 fish this weekend, biggest a 25lb King........had my gear down 2 mins :)

3. Rugster

Rugster

I have 225 Yamaha and a 150 gal. fuel tank. I still will use it when buddies are with me. I spied a fake leather recliner type of chair put out for refuse and think I will snag it to put on the Skiff the next time I go drift fishing and surprise the guys I usually see fishing the same area. Real Southern WT.

Another thing I scored this weekend was a gas caddy. 28 gallons. Somebody with more money than sense had no use for it and put it at the recycling center as trash. In perfect shape!

This is the exact one: [​IMG]

Also... Have you noticed sometimes you get a strike as soon as you start fishing and think "Boy.. This is going to be a great day" and then not another for the longest time.

4. wob

wob

SCORE!!!

:cheers:

$329 off the shelf at boaters world

5. Rugster

Rugster

What was funny was that a friend of mine pulled into the recycling center in front of me and the guy at the center offered it to him first. He had his (the same model) in the bed of his pickup and didn't need another one. I even had my friend haul it back to my place as I was going to get some tackle down the road and didn't want the chance of fuel leaking into the cruiser. Good thing it was him and that he already had one. :grinpimp:

6. srplus

srplus Walked with the Dinosaurs

Ruggy: nice rig... friend of mine is a boat fiberglass repairman. make sure you have the correct catch for the front of the boat on the trailer... and that it is well secured and padded... he has repaired a bunch of these where they pull up to the catch.

overall they are great boats and a local guide even got rid of his 'flats boat' and replaced it with a HUGE Carolina Skiff. He is very happy with it, as are his charters.

Great catch on the gas caddy!

7. Rugster

Rugster

I checked and had to move some of the rollers and adjust the bunks. Also the wench was set too low. I just unbolted it and put it where it should be.

I have seen photos of Huge Carolina Skiffs carrying autos.

8. fsusteve

fsusteve

Media:
    Albums:
    Just stay out of any chop with them unless you want to shorten yer spine.

9. Conex

Conex

.....and the best rain gear you can find. You will be wet....I promise. Also, wear the engine cord shutoff thing as I have been launched while haulin ass through the marsh creeks more than once. Slide, slide, slide, slide............HOOK. Worse than any john boat as you cant tell when its gonna fall off the inside chine. The good.....I have chased many a bonefish, trout and reds into some seriously skinny water, you can walk all over it and its not rolly and its bullet proof.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">