1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to find Junkyards with 80's

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by landtoy80, Jan 21, 2004.

1. landtoy80

landtoy80

I know of the East and West coast LC junkyards but how do I find the small or midwest junkyards that have a 80 or two?

2. bjowett

bjowett Supporting Vendor

www.car-part.com

I may be picking up 1 or 2 rolled FZJs in the coming weeks, so let me know what cha need!

3. IdahoDoug

IdahoDoug

Brian,

It's the smallest of requests - hardly worth the envelope postage it would take to send it. My 3yo son unscrewed the rear hatch's lock and I haven't seen it since. I have a grey interior, and this is the grey plastic cylindrical trim part you lift the lock with. Let me know if you end up with a grey one....

DougM

4. landtoy80

landtoy80

Cool site.
    I don't need anything right now.
    Seeing how much used motors, rear diff with locker are.

Brian, how much do salvaged 80's go for and what are you doing with them?

5. bjowett

I will be buying them for parts - I usually like to have just about every complete component of a vehicle ready for R&R if need be.... not that the Cruiser will need it, but when you use em' offroad, anything can happen.

Tomorrow will be my first go at an FZJ... really not sure what they will top out at, it depends on how many people want it.... could snag one for under $1k, they could go high, like all those early 90's V6 4-Runners.....who knows??

I have no problem passing on some good deals to fellow enthsiasts, I can make a little on the side, and you get a price no one can touch... stuff like a lock won't be more than a few bucks. Tell me what you need! I'll see what I can do.

6. Junk

Junk

drivers side front window motor would be very cool, otherwise I suppose I could weld the door shut like the boys (seriously, the window motor would be cool). If it's 95-97 and you don't need any of the ABS rings, I'll take any you don't need. Could also use a set of front calipers if 93+. Spindle would be cool.

thanks

7. landtoy80

landtoy80

Don't sell the ABS ring to Junk. Make him get a newOEM birfield :flipoff2:
    Had I known that you KANT get a new ABS ring I wouldn't of been hitting the ring with a big hammer trying to get it on the blanking MAF birfield. I got lucky and didn't brake it. There I was beating it, like when the last time the wife when out of town :D

8. Ivan

Ivan

i have a 93 with grey interior and am trying to find the screw covers for all the inside pillar/roof grips. not sure about the "real" name for these, cause i've always called them the "oh $hit" grips. :) these grips are on the interior roof and pillars, and each grip has 2 screw/bolt covers. the PO removed all of them for some reason. i would love a full set.

thanks,
    -ivan

9. landtoy80

landtoy80

I would like to have a motor ready to swap out.

10. landtoy80

landtoy80

With a SC or Turbo installed.

11. landtoy80

landtoy80

Brian, Do you need a salvage license to buy them?

12. lagwagon

lagwagon

Man I have been selling stuff way too cheap. It's funny to me that some of these places are paying a grand for one then selling the door for a grand when I am quoting $150.

13. Radd Cruisers

Radd Cruisers

Where you located Brian? sometimes the shipping can not make it worth while.

We just picked up a 80 and the diff locks are both not working, never been used I guess and they locked up?

Thanks
    Rob
    www.raddcruisers.ca

14. lagwagon

lagwagon

$4000 for a used motor when I just sold one for a $1000. If people are buying parts at these prices I will part out my daily driver. I hope bjowett gets the rollovers to give the big guys competition so these parts get to a reasonable price as I am looking at $1250 for a front locker axle.

15. firetruck41

firetruck41

[quote author=IdahoDoug link=board=2;threadid=10468;start=msg93721#msg93721 date=1074739462]I have a grey interior, and this is the grey plastic cylindrical trim part you lift the lock with. Let me know if you end up with a grey one....

DougM[/quote]
    I'm sure you already know this but you can get it from the dealer for a couple of bucks, I had to get the same piece when I bought my LC.

16. 97 FZJ80

97 FZJ80

Albums:
    Let me know when you get one. I'm looking for some electrical connectors and you can't get them at the dealer :'(
    John

17. cruiserdan

cruiserdan SupportingVendor Emeritus Moderator

Surrounded by Cruisers from all over the world
    [quote author=97 FZJ80 link=board=2;threadid=10468;start=msg93873#msg93873 date=1074781065]
    Let me know when you get one. I'm looking for some electrical connectors and you can't get them at the dealer :'(
    John
    [/quote]

Not totaly accurate. Many connector bodys and almost all terminated splices are available as service parts if your dealer knows how to find them. ;)

The connector bodies have a tiny 5 digit number moulded in them, IE 10824. Add 90980- to the front (90980-10824) and you end up with the part number for the connector. Not all connectors are serviced but many important ones are.

D-

18. bjowett

One w/ 189k went today for $1550 + bid fee + all the other s*** brings over $2k... still not bad... too much mileage and a little far away for me to go after for much more than $1500. I have one less than an hour away I will go higher for. A license is required, I have a friends... :D

19. HeepKrushr

HeepKrushr

I need a set of good rims and centercaps for my 96 FZJ 80

Oh yeah, also need passenger side rear tail lamp cover for the 96

Maybe some floor mats for tan interior also

Heck, just send me the whole cruiser :D

let me know
    Krushr

20. NW-sickboy

NW-sickboy

[quote author=bjowett link=board=2;threadid=10468;start=msg93998#msg93998 date=1074795991]
    One w/ 189k went today for $1550 + bid fee + all the other s#!t brings over $2k... still not bad... too much mileage and a little far away for me to go after for much more than $1500. I have one less than an hour away I will go higher for. A license is required, I have a friends... :D
    [/quote]that seems extremely reasonable. especially considering what places like TAP charge.