How to disassemble steering column to inspect wiring on Tacoma (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Have a problem with my 2008 Tacoma standard shift not starting unless I move the steering wheel up and down slowly while keeping the key turned on. Happened sporadically last year, but found it would start only with the steering wheel in the down position and left it that way. Now I need to do it every morning, sometimes it starts right away, sometimes it takes awhile. Usually on damp or cold mornings, then it's good all day. Had the starter changed out but the starter/connections all good. Module changed out but same problem. Looked for tutorials on how to get to the wiring harness to inspect but haven't had much luck. If anyone has any ideas I sure would appreciate it, thank you.

Start taking things apart till you get there. Thats how I got to the dash lights on the 4Runner

Look on You Tube. There are hidden screws behind the steering wheel. Turn the wheel 45 degrees to find the screws holding the plastic covers on the column.

Electric screwdriver, 10 mm socket and a dish for the screws is about all you need.

And good music.

Start taking things apart till you get there. Thats how I got to the dash lights on the 4Runner

Look on You Tube. There are hidden screws behind the steering wheel. Turn the wheel 45 degrees to find the screws holding the plastic covers on the column.

Electric screwdriver, 10 mm socket and a dish for the screws is about all you need.

And good music.
Thanks Weedhopper

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom