How to compression test the engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello friends,

I'd like to do a compression test, and see this instruction from the service manual:
1627065516484.png

I remember saw it somewhere that you had to pull the fuse of fuel pump, so the engine won't be actually fired. Is this step missing from the service manual? Or if have to, which fuse to pull?
It's even better if anyone has a guide for it? Tried to search but didn't find good one.

Thanks!

well, if all the plugs are off, it's not too likely it will fire up. But, understandable that you would not want to have fuel squirting in. Although the FSM would specify something about that if it were truly necessary, so I would not worry about it, if any gas is injected it will be little and will evaporate. If you want peace of mind, yes, I suppose pulling the plug on the pump should not be a problem (hopefully).

The only concern there is to make sure you isolate your coils / spark plugs so a spark isn't throw anywhere near the cylinder/injectors while your cranking over. Perhaps you could pull the EFI relay if your going to be testing all cylinders and want to avoid and fuel ignition issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom