How to clearance inner front fender? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lovetoski

SILVER Star
Threads
I have some rubbing on the front DS and PS, on the front of the inner fender. The rubbing was obvious just after it happened, but I didn't have a digi camera with...so the pic below is after I got home. The red outline is where the tire rubs. Same two spots on both sides. Front lip, and ridge on the outside. How do I "clearance" these two spots. Just hit it with a hammer? Kinda sounds like fun, but wanted to check before I start whaling away.
Front Inner Fender with outline.JPG

I cut out most of the corner in the right of the pic, and i just whacked the left spot with a hammer as best i could. The radiatior core support is right behind it there so its hard to move the sheetmetal much.

I cut out most of the corner in the right of the pic, and i just whacked the left spot with a hammer as best i could. The radiatior core support is right behind it there so its hard to move the sheetmetal much.

Do you have a pic of how it ended up?

Hmm, maybe, you might be able to catch a glimpse of it in the 4runner brake thread in the FAQ, the very last pic.

It looks like a big hole cut in the inner fender...... I folded the lip of the fender back so it looks clean from the outside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom