How to Beat Slinky Stage 4 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So before this whole debate starts I'd like to explain myself, and my reasoning. I will be walking through how I would beat Stage 4 with a kit that you or I can piece together ourselves. The common belief seems to be that stage 4 is the end all be all for a bolt in kit. It is a great kit, but there are a ton of other options out there. I enjoy doing research and finding deals on this stuff, so this is what I would use to beat slinky stage 4 (keeping those stock arms of course).

First - I will hit up David Otero down at Dobinsons to hook me up with:
- Rear lower control arms $300
- Rear upper control arms $250
- 3.5" tapered coils $350
- 3" flexi coils for the rear $250

Second - Hit up Slee for a front sway drop bracket $50
Third - Order a slinky HD rear sway $425 (I know something from the opposition :oops:)
Fourth - Hit up Delta for a Delta Panhard lift bracket $250

Last - Hit up the boys at Filthy Motorsports for some Badass King 2.5x12" 3 Tube bypasses
and a set of 2.0x2" Bumps. Total ~$3300

- Wait I have other options though.
How do King 3.0x12" smoothies sound??? Similar price to the bypasses ( less tuning though)
- 3.0s should ideally be the size you run on how heavy/ fast we are trying to get these 80s to
run. Especially in a single shock setup. 3.0s have more oil thus more cooling.
A 3.0 is equal to 2 2.5s. Just like a 2.5 is equal to 2 2.0s. More
dampening and less heat sounds good to me!
- When you order the shocks they will work with you to custom valve
them so that they work the absolute best for the situations you drive you in. (None of this "well slinky has the best valving" Filthy is the king of the off road shock world.....they will get it right)

- DISCLAIMER Anything over a 12" travel shock and the front can't handle it. I tried haha. So that is the reason to order 12s not 14s. A 10" may even be needed for the front since a pin to eye adaptor will be needed.

NOW the grand total. My "kit" VS Slinky stage 4

Slinky comes out to $4100
My "kit comes out to $5175 -----------WOW about a grand over.....but give me a chance

-------------------This is running 3.0 shocks and stand alone front bumps :smokin:-------------------

If you have 4k slinky is flipping awesome, I will never argue against that.....but if you have 4 you probably have 5, and this is HOW to beat it. Let the debate ensue. Also------I no longer own my 3linked 80 so my opinion or "facts" mean nothing. :frown:

-(also don't hate me slinky guys)-

3..2..1 and Darren will be here going over stage 5 slinky that I’ve heard of a couple times 😲

:popcorn:

Glad this could spill over to 'Mud, cant wait to hear how awesome radius arms are.

If I’m going to spend that kind of coin on suspension for a solid axle truck I wouldn’t want my limiting factor to still be the radius arm setup.

What folks really need to decide is HOW they want to use their rigs. Expedition travel, mall cruiser, desert runner, rock crawler. One solution does not fill all requirements no matter how much we want them too.

If I’m going to spend that kind of coin on suspension for a solid axle truck I wouldn’t want my limiting factor to still be the radius arm setup.

What folks really need to decide is HOW they want to use their rigs. Expedition travel, mall cruiser, desert runner, rock crawler. One solution does not fill all requirements no matter how much we want them too.
In for all mall cruising related suggestions.

But what if want to run 35s for no reason?

You're gonna need the Slinky kit to hammer speedbumps at 70mph, specially valved and matched Icons required to not experience shock fade.

You're gonna need the Slinky kit to hammer speedbumps at 70mph, specially valved and matched Icons required to not experience shock fade.

All providing you shocks have remote reservoir otherwise you will see fade in time ;)

I thought you were selling your 80 and making something to go fast?

I won’t lie, if I was still living out west some 2.5s were on my short list for the truck. But since we moved and high speed desert travel doesn’t happen in Missouri, I just ordered a set of Icon 2.0 to replace my Fox 2.0.

But damn did the adult in me have to beat the child pretty good to get me to down grade my desire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom