how to attach end of winch cable (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pbgbottle

Forum Lifer
Threads
hi just a quick question what to do with the end of the winch cable . i do not want to kink it . i guess the roller fairlead will help keep it from completely kinking . i just don't like the look of it stuck on the end of the bumper . is there anything to keep it from slipping back inside the bumper .
IMG_0003 (Medium).JPG

If you're driving a j**p, keep it extended and attached to the rear of an FJ40. Otherwise, fold and tuck.

By the way, sweet 40 you got there, pbgbottle.
WinchTucka.jpg

Last edited:
No rigging point up front?

What would you attach a strap to?

20050424-T-32.jpg

Landcruisersteve said:
It you're driving a j**p, keep it extended and attached to the rear of an FJ40. Otherwise, fold and tuck.

By the way, sweet 40 you got there, pbgbottle.

i think i have a different hook than yours landcruiser steve . but that would work . mine pulls right through

Poser said:
No rigging point up front?

What would you attach a strap to?

Ditto, throw a couple decent hooks on each side of the frame, better yet add some beefy ones to the bumper. If you had to use a snatchblock (double-line) you wouldn't want to go around the bumper (IMHO).

:D

Here is my setup:
rubicon5.jpg

cruiseroutfit said:
Ditto, throw a couple decent hooks on each side of the frame, better yet add some beefy ones to the bumper. If you had to use a snatchblock (double-line) you wouldn't want to go around the bumper (IMHO).

:D

good point i didn't think about that . cant .bolt any hooks on the frame its all boxed up . probably have to weld something to the front of the bumper . thanks everyone for the quick responces .

Check out www.winchsaver.com

I like the concept and have been considering something like this, especially since I'm going to rope and an aluminum hawse fairlead, I don't want the hook to damage the fairlead. Cheap solution and I checked with the guys, there is no white lettering on the retail version.

I like that idea :)

Exiled said:

I like the concept and have been considering something like this, especially since I'm going to rope and an aluminum hawse fairlead, I don't want the hook to damage the fairlead. Cheap solution and I checked with the guys, there is no white lettering on the retail version.

Exiled said:

that will work . i was wondering if there was something out there like this . i will order one today thanks

Very clever, pbgbottle. Looks like you hooked onto a pucking solution to your problem.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom