460-Add Crawl Control (CC) and Multi Terrain Select (MTS) to 2010-2019 models/all trims (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I didn't expect the Crawl Control module for the 2014+ to be so pricey. Guess I need to order these.

If you are not equipped or are no longer running AVS/RAHC the following switch has been confirmed by GXOR member to enable crawl.

PN: 84970-60090

Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 2.48.28 PM.png
1_316ecfa453d54c35775e361666d4dc88cb0df1c9_80d3ed06356dacb78d00eeff0fb066b4bf37eb43.jpg

Place vehicle in 4L and press the ON/OFF button above the SPEED toggle. You can still brake and when you release it will keep going. Pressing ON/OFF again cancels. Or stopping and going to 4H

Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 3.06.36 PM.png

Place vehicle in 4L and press the ON/OFF button above the SPEED toggle. You can still brake and when you release it will keep going. Pressing ON/OFF again cancels. Or stopping and going to 4H

View attachment 2081698

So is the crawl control turned on in the main computer and then speed operated via the toggle in the console?

If the on/off button is for crawl control then where is the on/off button for DAC?

DAC is just a neutered downhill crawl control at a fixed rate (~2.5 MPH IIRC) and only controls the brakes and not the accelerator.

Crawl can control both accelerator and brakes, is multi-speed (~1-5MPH) and works uphill/downhill

DAC only function is removed since the multi-speed crawl downhill is a better implementation IMO.

DAC is just a neutered downhill crawl control at a fixed rate (~2.5 MPH IIRC) and only controls the brakes and not the accelerator.

Crawl can control both accelerator and brakes, is multi-speed (~1-5MPH) and works uphill/downhill

DAC only function is removed since the multi-speed crawl downhill is a better implementation IMO.

Ok it makes sense now. Crawl in theory replaces DAC.

Just a little cross forum contamination from the Lexus forum.

I am happy to report that

A. Crawl Control can be successfully added to a 2016 base model, &
B. It has been added successfully to my 2016 (as well as the Multi Terrain)

It was updated using techstream, and I can't emphasize enough how important it is to "Have it in 4-low, park, and to hit the crawl on off switch before clicking the final exit on the ABS test"...It will NOT work otherwise.

The techs I took it too were stumped until I showed them the post on this forum, as this is brand new install, the computer "handshake" is vital as opposed to a vehicle that already had this installed and just needed a "Calibration".

20190924_150822.jpg

20190924_151022.jpg

Thanks so much to everyone who contributes to this thread and this forum. I'm a lurker, planning to but a GX 460 in a year or so. All this information will be incredibly helpful - once I can afford to buy the rig I want.

Traction control defeat button located in the lower button area to the left of the steering wheel above the fuel door release: A single press will deactivate TRAC & A-TRAC and TRAC OFF will appear in the gauge cluster. A press of 3 seconds or longer will additionally disable VSC and will result in TRAC OFF and VSC OFF indicators in the gauge cluster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom