460-Add Crawl Control (CC) and Multi Terrain Select (MTS) to 2010-2019 models/all trims (16 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Took a week to get the parts, not bad. There was an issue with USPS and kept showing my tracking number as just label created when in actuality it had shipped. So all is good. I got both parts.

I do have a question, can I install the of the crawl control switch and still drive the truck without messing anything up til I get some one with techstream or do the paperclip trick. I understand it won't work til I update but I don't want to mess anything else up if I drive it.

Thanks for all the help and info on here.

you'll be fine. I installed my switch but didn't get around to doing the ZPC with techstream for about a week while driving the GX around.

Question. I'm new to the GX, I'm coming from an fi cruiser. I have a16 premium
460 just got Saturday. So for me to add multi terrain I need the new module that goes behind passenger side dash. I got that. My question is to add crawl I need the 4 switch unit. Are the other 2 switches just dead switches the comfort and ride height ones? Is it not possible to just switch out the dachshund switch for the crawl switch? I don't like the idea of having 2 useless switches on the center console. Thanks in advance, and to all those that have shared info here.
You need this switch - it is for GXs without the air suspension, so you'll still have two blank panels but with added crawl control. (In the website picture, it shows four switches, but it's just the two).

So is everyone doing the paper clip trick instead of the momentary switch trick like posted on the first page of this thread?

Thanks to everyone on here. I was able to get all the correct parts and get them installed. It sounds like the paperclip will be my only options as I don't know anyone with techstream. When I was researching I thought I saw a how to and even a video I searched this whole thread and didn't see anything except for the one with the on/off switch. Any links would be very appreciated.

I just got done reading all 11 pages of this and I hate to ask, ..........but.....how big of a deal are these two upgrades and is one preferable to the other, or do both have their purpose?
Are they really that big of a deal or are they a nice thing for people without a lot of 4 wheeling experience?

IMO... if you utilize and appreciate ATRAC .....MTS lets you fine tune and also leverage it in 4H in mud and sand mode. There are some scenarios like sand where crawl might get you out and if you want some off-road cruise control in some instances it can come in handy. I've used slow crawl to go down really icy hills near my cabin on slowest setting. It can brake the wheels in ways that a human can't replicate.

No workarounds to get MTS but budget crawl is also available if you don't mind using 3rd party switches.

Last edited:
If only doing one I would go for MTS, it'll be useful more often to most users.

I am wanting to do this mod, but had a question for ya'll. I have a 13 Premium. My wife has an 18 Tacoma TRDOR. I've used crawl and MTS on that truck several times and it is awesome in a lot of scenarios. I remember reading when the Tacoma was redesigned in 16' that they had "upgraded" the wheel speed sensors to improve crawl and MTS. This is when all the videos of the Tacomas crawling out of sand came out. My question is this; Since my 13 is older, would it not have as good of a system as the newer trucks? Less adjustability, etc? I know having it is better than not, so I'm still going to do it. I was just curious about the differences. Thoughts?

Ok I know this is a stupid question. But is our obd port upside down compared to the download instructions. On my truck 16 460 the wider end of my obd is on the bottom and pic in the download shows the wider end on top

So got the crawl to work once I realized the obd2 was upside down to the pic in the instructions. Thanks again for all the help

I just dealt with about an hour's worth of intense washboard (with wife on board) in Death Valley about 2 weeks ago.
I never considered that the Multi Terrain might make it a little less painful!
I too am curious if MT works for washboard.
It'll give me incentive to get 'er done and ammunition to convince my wife I HAVE to have it!!

I just dealt with about an hour's worth of intense washboard (with wife on board) in Death Valley about 2 weeks ago.
I never considered that the Multi Terrain might make it a little less painful!
I too am curious if MT works for washboard.
It'll give me incentive to get 'er done and ammunition to convince my wife I HAVE to have it!!

I just made my order... I'll give an update when the time comes. :)

Installed MTS today... I was rather surprised that the only mode that works in 4 Hi is “mud & sand” I tried to do a comparison in mogul mode, which I was most interested in. It seemed to take some of the jarring effect away, but nothing to write home about. After engaging 4 Lo I selected 4 Hi again and it did seem to still work. It was obvious that the gearing and power was different so I would assume the suspension was altered as well. However, the display still indicated it was not completely engaged.

IMHO it’s probably not worth the upgrade if your looking for a washboard road solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom