460-Add Crawl Control (CC) and Multi Terrain Select (MTS) to 2010-2019 models/all trims (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

22eyunu35vo messaged me and got in touch with Matt at oem. Had a response from Matt and oem within days and the tracking # as well.the switches seem to be the hard parts to get and take longer. Even had a follow up email from Matt to make sure I got the switch. Got it installed last night. Will be doing the zpc today and hoping all will be working by this afternoon.

Now have working MTS and crawl control. Thanks for all the info and guidance. Now on to storage solutions. 😬

Now have working MTS and crawl control. Thanks for all the info and guidance. Now on to storage solutions. 😬

For a minute there, I thought you had added MTS and CC to a 2020. That's what were all waiting on...
Which method did you use for your ZPC?

For a minute there, I thought you had added MTS and CC to a 2020. That's what were all waiting on...
Which method did you use for your ZPC?
Nope sorry can’t quite afford a 2020 lol. Mine is the 2013 base model and used the jumper method for the ZPC. Got a switch from Lowes because of course couldn’t find one just laying around. Had some wire and just added to the switch. Followed the video posted early in the thread. Went exactly as the video shows. Was super easy.

Question. I'm new to the GX, I'm coming from an fi cruiser. I have a16 premium
460 just got Saturday. So for me to add multi terrain I need the new module that goes behind passenger side dash. I got that. My question is to add crawl I need the 4 switch unit. Are the other 2 switches just dead switches the comfort and ride height ones? Is it not possible to just switch out the dachshund switch for the crawl switch? I don't like the idea of having 2 useless switches on the center console. Thanks in advance, and to all those that have shared info here.

Question. I'm new to the GX, I'm coming from an fi cruiser. I have a16 premium
460 just got Saturday. So for me to add multi terrain I need the new module that goes behind passenger side dash. I got that. My question is to add crawl I need the 4 switch unit. Are the other 2 switches just dead switches the comfort and ride height ones? Is it not possible to just switch out the dachshund switch for the crawl switch? I don't like the idea of having 2 useless switches on the center console. Thanks in advance, and to all those that have shared info here.
Take a look at the first page of the thread. It has the part numbers and place to order. If you have adjustable ride height you’ll need the switch part for that. If you don’t you’ll need the one with only two switches and the other two are just blank spots with no switches. Hope this helps.

If you have a 150 series LC Prado it would seem some models can be retrofitted and others cannot. I'm not sure of all the trims available in markets throughout the world.

These links can give you further info to retrofit a 150 Series Prado. The Drive2 links are Prado owners who have retrofitted. The first one has extensive research from years back. Let your browser translate if you do not speak Russian. I do not. :)

IIRC if you do not already have the Driver Support Computer behind the front passenger dash the vehicle likely won't retrofit but if present should retrofit like the 2010-2019 GX 460.

Активация Multi Terrain Select и Crawl Control на комплектации Элеган
Активация систем MTS и Crawl Control — Toyota Land Cruiser Prado, 3.0 л., 2011 года на DRIVE2
Установка и активация MTS и Crawl Control — Toyota Land Cruiser Prado, 3.0 л., 2014 года на DRIVE2
Активация Crawl Control — Toyota Land Cruiser Prado, 4.0 л., 2009 года на DRIVE2
Поиск по сайту DRIVE2: Prado Crawl control
Активация Crawl Control — Toyota Land Cruiser Prado, 4.0 л., 2009 года на DRIVE2

4839069s_1920_8bf7a081b86ed91e6bafab1f03535a3cb984ffa9.jpg
2.jpg

QEAAAgNFWeA-960.jpg

5995037096.jpg

Last edited:
Great job Qball!!
Just for giggles, take a couple of photos of your dash display with them all engaged!

Great job Qball!!
Just for giggles, take a couple of photos of your dash display with them all engaged!

As you wish:
5C2024A1-A2FE-4E05-9B7B-D023709EB03D.jpeg
3234D479-1FB7-487B-9B40-778EEA53BDBE.jpeg

Used my SST or small paper clip cut in two for zero point calibration and activated CC with no issues. However when on lowest speed setting the system seems to go nuts and the car lurches and feels like I’m hitting the brake on and off constantly. caiberated twice and still doing the same, second lowest speed setting and higher seem to work fine. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Reactions: r2m
not yet, going to Find a place to try it tomorrow. Thanks
If you can't find any near by hills, you can also just pull someone behind you whilst dragging their brakes a wee bit!
That should simulate an up hill resistance.

What have you guys seen as far as shipping times. Ordered late last week and still says processing. Thanks

They are slow

Took a week to get the parts, not bad. There was an issue with USPS and kept showing my tracking number as just label created when in actuality it had shipped. So all is good. I got both parts.

I do have a question, can I install the of the crawl control switch and still drive the truck without messing anything up til I get some one with techstream or do the paperclip trick. I understand it won't work til I update but I don't want to mess anything else up if I drive it.

Thanks for all the help and info on here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom