How To: Add Crawl Control and Multi Terrain Select to GX 460

Traction control defeat button located in the lower button area to the left of the steering wheel above the fuel door release: A single press will deactivate TRAC & A-TRAC and TRAC OFF will appear in the gauge cluster. A press of 3 seconds or longer will additionally disable VSC and will result in TRAC OFF and VSC OFF indicators in the gauge cluster.

Traction control defeat button located in the lower button area to the left of the steering wheel above the fuel door release: A single press will deactivate TRAC & A-TRAC and TRAC OFF will appear in the gauge cluster. A press of 3 seconds or longer will additionally disable VSC and will result in TRAC OFF and VSC OFF indicators in the gauge cluster.
does that fully deactivate ABS?

No..that would be traction and stability control. You might want to see if MTS satisfies your need for less aggressive ABS off-road. I'm not sure what other fail-safes kick in if one tries to completely defeat ABS on these rigs. ABS is fairly core to all the traction aids.

A fellow CL member brings up a good point about when ATRAC is enabled on a MTS equipped 460. Many here who have these mods have pushed their vehicle to limits I will likely never do so curious as to your observations of MTS/Crawl and if you notice ATRAC wasn't engaged in just 4L with no crawl or MTS activated....or if no ATRAC in Crawl if MTS wasn't enabled. They also added a AUTO MTS feature to 2020 along with a Rock and Dirt mode. Some indication MTS is even more dynamic with 2020 implementation.

• You can enable MTS before going into Crawl but not the other way around.

The FSM seems to indicate a Crawl Only 460 will have enabled ATRAC in 4L like a standard DAC enabled model would but the grid seems to indicate if you have MTS install that ATRAC is only enabled by being in a MTS mode prior to turning on Crawl.

Screen Shot 2019-10-27 at 9.01.53 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-27 at 9.01.59 AM.png

No..that would be traction and stability control. You might want to see if MTS satisfies your need for less aggressive ABS off-road. I'm not sure what other fail-safes kick in if one tries to completely defeat ABS on these rigs. ABS is fairly core to all the traction aids.
good point, all the MTS and crawl control all use abs to function. I haven’t tried it yet but what happens when you hit brakes hard on dirt? Does ABC kick in?

An adventurous 2020 owner will need to take the leap of faith and take a chance it will.

https://www.belllexusnorthscottsdale.com/

Bell Lexus in North Scottadale sent me this PN info. Some of this is speculation though.

Just speculation below:

84970-60450 = 84970- 60070

The 2 switch 090 option doesn't appear available for 2020.

An adventurous 2020 owner will need to take the leap of faith and take a chance it will.

https://www.belllexusnorthscottsdale.com/

Bell Lexus in North Scottadale sent me this PN info. Some of this is speculation though.

Just speculation below:

84970-60450 = 84970- 60070

The 2 switch 090 option doesn't appear available for 2020.
so tried the mod today on my 2020 premium, but couldn't find the computer location can you help.
I found 85940-60120 on the left side of the 4wheel computer:oops:

SSG

New GX460 0wner here. So these mods add the similar features a 4runner TRD PRO has with the Multi Terrain Select and Crawl Control? If so, this is so cool and makes the GX an even more capable vehicle!

Preliminary 2020 research indicates MTS may now be in this ECU:

Driving Support Computer Assembly / PN: 88150-60170

and Crawl switch may be ---> 84970-60450

It does not appear a 090 equivalent will be available for 2020+. This switch would be like the 070.

No idea if plug and play and if other vehicle operations are affected by swap.

Top Bottom