460-Add Crawl Control (CC) and Multi Terrain Select (MTS) to 2010-2019 models/all trims (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any updates on compatibility with the 2020's? I'm very interested in adding MTS to mine. How is MTS selected? With my 2019 4Runner I had a dial that I used once I was in 4WD. How are the different modes selected with the GX without the dial?

Unfortunately ...for '20 I haven't heard from anyone willing to look into TIS wiring diagrams or donate a temp TIS subscription to me. I'd be willing to go in and look for the '20 owners. No public/free wiring diagrams are currently available. It may take 6-8 more months before general data starts to show up.

MTS is enabled with right steering wheel button on 10-19 models.

Screen Shot 2020-01-02 at 5.49.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-02 at 5.49.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-02 at 5.50.03 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-02 at 5.50.10 PM.png

Do you just need the standard TIS subscription? Would the 2-day access be enough?

Unfortunately ...for '20 I haven't heard from anyone willing to look into TIS wiring diagrams or donate a temp TIS subscription to me. I'd be willing to go in and look for the '20 owners. No public/free wiring diagrams are currently available. It may take 6-8 more months before general data starts to show up.

MTS is enabled with right steering wheel button on 10-19 models.

View attachment 2171685View attachment 2171686View attachment 2171687View attachment 2171688

For 2020 too early to tell but looks like Crawl/DAC Switch simply goes straight to the skid control ECU.

This could go a few different ways or other unknowns...

Maybe a simple crawl switch replacement with ZPC gets you both Crawl and MTS? If not MTS is brought about with something else?

Or a more expensive requirement this go around '20+ of also a new Skid Control ECU which is around $1k or more?

Screen Shot 2020-01-03 at 6.42.33 AM.png

Thoughts on next steps? Looks like you don't need the TIS subscription? Is the next step the install a CC switch for a 2020 and see what happens?

I could still use a TIS subscription. This was just some limited info. I haven't see a diagram where the 4L/4H attaches to. It is not shown attaching to the 4WD ECU in diagram I have access to. Much like the risk I took throwing a switch in mine... someone w/2020 may need to take the risky leap as well.

Just a thought....my local dealer is searching inventory for a 2020 Luxury model with the off-road package. Once I have the vin#, order the CC switch and see what happens? Foolish?

So I received the VIN# of a 2020 Luxury trim level with off-road package, but OEMVEHICLEPARTS.com did not recognize it, and doesn't have any parts listing for 2020 GX460's. :hmm:

Matt@OEM states that 84970-60450 is indeed the new version of crawl control switch. Only two in North America right now and both would need to be obtained from Canada.

I'm not sure we will be able to absolutely confirm this will enable Crawl and MTS through wiring diagrams alone. This will likely require someone trying it out with fingers crossed.

One could also in theory test out along the same lines as budget crawl but perform steps using the connector and jumpers currently attached to the DAC switch

I added Crawl Control using simple switches - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

screen_shot_2020_01_03_at_6_42_33_am_84bb87e0ed5cf8b870e8d1ef98fcde6f870346ec_19e92cf9a21b73c68b9b2807ccea7f1b3ce8cbbd.png

Just received the quote for the 2020 switch, roughly $400 shipped. Is the thought that both CC and MTS come from the switch and an extra module isn't needed?

Just speculation... at this point not seeing where else the MTS logic would come from. Hopefully not buried in the BCM. Let me see if I can find out more on Crawl and MTS diagnostics in 2020 FSM and see if it all leads back to Skid Control ECU. ZPC is the same as 10-19 except wire method via OBD isn't mentioned.

EDIT: Crawl Control Troubleshooting only deals with Brake Ecu and Combo Switch (then harness repair or meter repair)
MTS troubleshooting is all CAN system
DAC Check CAN, then check combo switch, Then brake ecu master.

Last edited:
Just speculation... at this point not seeing where else the MTS logic would come from. Hopefully not buried in the BCM. Let me see if I can find out more on Crawl and MTS diagnostics in 2020 FSM and see if it all leads back to Skid Control ECU. ZPC is the same as 10-19 except wire method via OBD isn't mentioned.

EDIT: Crawl Control Troubleshooting only deals with Brake Ecu and Combo Switch (then harness repair or meter repair)
MTS troubleshooting is all CAN system
DAC Check CAN, then check combo switch, Then brake ecu master.

I hate to ask....but can you put your edit in simpler terms? I'm trying to learn as fast as I can.

Sorry... this was info passed onto me. It appears that in FSM troubleshooting the Crawl/DAC only mentions skid control ECU, switch, harness or gauge. MTS troubleshooting just mentions CANbus. I wanted to see if there were any other ECU's mentioned for crawl troubleshooting and it appears there are none.

At this point I'm not sure there is much more we can pull for definite confirmation other than a real world test with fingers crossed. A test install with an actual crawl switch or someone can try temporary switches with the existing harness connected to existing console switch like what was done with budget crawl thread on CL.

Wish we had some pics of the underside of console switch and the unplugged connector.

Love this thread! Great info. Recently moved from a 4th gen runner to a nicely kept 2013 460 Have ordered parts, actually have received the mts module and installed it still waiting on a reply about the switch and its been over a month now. Hoping to hear soon. Order from the link on the first page. The build will be slow but looking forward to it.

Sentinel: Any tracking updates on switch yet?
If that order is anything like mine, it hasn't shipped yet....I placed an order Dec 28, one item shipped January 28, the other 3 are still not packaged.

If that order is anything like mine, it hasn't shipped yet....I placed an order Dec 28, one item shipped January 28, the other 3 are still not packaged.
22eyunu35vo messaged me and got in touch with Matt at oem. Had a response from Matt and oem within days and the tracking # as well.the switches seem to be the hard parts to get and take longer. Even had a follow up email from Matt to make sure I got the switch. Got it installed last night. Will be doing the zpc today and hoping all will be working by this afternoon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom