460-Add Crawl Control (CC) and Multi Terrain Select (MTS) to 2010-2019 models/all trims (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm pretty sure when I was a mechanic the only time I ever disconnected batteries while swapping parts was for starters and alternators. Sometimes not even then.

ECUs don't really care.
Just don't do any electronic welding (ARC/Tig/Mig) without disconnecting the battery.

Just don't do any electronic welding (ARC/Tig/Mig) without disconnecting the battery.
That's the one huge thing you always have to always disconnect the battery for. I've definitely replaced ECUs for that reason.

Though they pale in comparison to lightning strikes. In those situations you just save the diag time and order everything that has a computer chip in it.

Reactions: r2m
I just want to confirm that I can add MTS to my 2015 Luxury even though it already has Crawl Control, right?

Yes. It's a small module that goes behind the glove. Take your glove box out and see if you have that socket.
When you plug it in, it will show immediately on your dash center when you select it.

Last edited:
Original one I saw do this was John00 over on CL

Came across this video. Looks like another easy way to add crawl control.

That's a great write up!
Okay, think I may have to do that. Only difference is that I'd like to try using the rear suspension air bag switch or the suspension adjust switch for the CC speed select since I believe they are both momentary switches.

Last edited:
I may try it as well. Haven't bothered yet.
I can get a few double Toyota switches and use the areas on the left of the steering wheel.

So from the video, CC installation only (OEM or ... homebrew) disables ATRAC unless you have MTS installed? Did I read that right?

Bell Lexus North Scottsdale

Through 4/16/24
That's how I bought mine a year or two ago. Great deal. Besides adding factory Remote Start, I consider Crawl and MTS to be essential additions to this model. The GX is pretty amazing. Thanks @Acrad for starting this thread.

That's great news but WHERE???
A link??
This is being offered at many different Lexus parts dealers. I suggest shopping around using google to find the lowest price for whatever you're looking to purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom