How to access the phh and this hose? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It’s highly likely I didn’t search enough I’m sure but I have 2 hoses to go including the PHH…of which I can’t even locate. Must I remove the throttle body or intake?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: so it may jot be the PHH I still need to change but the two in the photo with the blue arrows bellow.

2267434C-5EF5-406A-8919-CC64CDB9C0D5.jpeg

The two you have pointed out are by pass hoses. The longer, curved hose can be replaced with the TB in place but the short, straight one was such an SOB to access that I ended up removing the TB.

The PHH is off the head, above the starter back near the firewall. It’s the short green one in this screen shot from the pic you posted. Remove the front left tire to access the PHH. You might consider removing the the steel pipe that the PHH joins with the head and run a continuous length of gates 5/8” heater hose from the head up to the heater valve. It can be routed nicely along the passenger side of the brake booster. This eliminates something like 4 hose clamp connections. Many have done this. I did mine as describes above 5 or 6 years ago.

CA274242-9546-4E3C-B647-8ABC17616FC1.png

The two you have pointed out are by pass hoses. The longer, curved hose can be replaced with the TB in place but the short, straight one was such an SOB to access that I ended up removing the TB.

The PHH is off the head, above the starter back near the firewall. It’s the short green one in this screen shot from the pic you posted. Remove the front left tire to access the PHH. You might consider removing the the steel pipe that the PHH joins with the head and run a continuous length of gates 5/8” heater hose from the head up to the heater valve. It can be routed nicely along the passenger side of the brake booster. This eliminates something like 4 hose clamp connections. Many have done this. I did mine as describes above 5 or 6 years ago.

View attachment 2788161
Did you do the same for the hoses on the other side of the heater valve, cutting the hose to size? I tried to order the rear heater bypass kit but it was on backorder.

I'm trying to decide if I should make my own bypass or just replace all the OEM heater hoses with the trident thing.

Did you do the same for the hoses on the other side of the heater valve, cutting the hose to size? I tried to order the rear heater bypass kit but it was on backorder.

I'm trying to decide if I should make my own bypass or just replace all the OEM heater hoses with the trident thing.
I chose not to delete mine and picked up the remaing 5/8” hoses from the dealer. It’s a Cali truck so there isn’t too much corrosion present.

Last edited:

View attachment 2788161

Achievement unlocked!

I was able to replace the short one with the insulation by removing all the engine harness plugs, large vacuum breather hose, small 1/4” vacuum hose while sitting on top of the air filter.

On to the last one…

Looks like the PO put a worm drive clamp on my PHH and it is facing the wrong direction. I can't even imagine how he tightened this clamp although I didn't try to look at this spot from under the drivers seat.

Does anyone know if I can access the PHH and throttle body coolant hose from the topside if I remove the upper intake?

I was considering removing the intake to replace the rubber bits on the injectors and get them cleaned anyway.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom