HOW-TO: 5th Gen 4Runner Brakes on an 80 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

th
I ran the numbers on that electric booster:

I see our brake boosters listed on ebay as an 8/9" booster, and know they are double diaphragm. I'm guessing one is 8, one is 9?
At 18 inches of murcury vacuum, we have 8.8 psi available to act on those diaphragms.
4 x 4 x 3.14 = 50.24 in^2
4.5 x 4.5 x 3.14 = 63.585 in^2
8.8 psi x 113.825 in^2 = 1,001 lbs of assist.

So right off the bat, you're at 40% more assist force. But the bigger difference is that instead of the air having to pass through a little foam filter and a valve and taking time to fill up the booster, this assist is almost instant. Since it's just a "dumb" booster, I don't think it would require modification to anything else in the system if you haven't modified other stuff yet.
that what I probably need for my car.. its cheaper to install a ebooster than make new mods in the axle. I already have 80 series booster and t100 MC .. I have brembo 6 piston caliper.. and big rotor from a nissan armada 350 mm, its brake ok for 40 inch tires but need more to brake a 400 hp 2 ton truck.

Last edited:
Jose’s BBK is legit. Easy install. Took slightly longer than a normal brake pad and rotor change. Can’t wait to test the stopping power

7D493893-FA89-4E65-B39E-E1374F67B3CC.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom