How the heck do I get this out??? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I advocated for the MTs so I feel a little responsible.. would go out and retrace my steps but with the sliders in the way not sure it would be that helpful.

Hah, no one here is to blame, it's just a bad design to require that one bolt.

I've tried swivel sockets, they create a depth problem when combined with the socket, the wrench bottoms out on the body behind the wrench. I am going to stare at it tomorrow and see if a 1/4" swivel and 12mm socket might work (I'll have to find a 12mm 1/4" socket locally). All I need is to get it started, once I can start working it out 1/16th turn at a time I will eventually get it far enough away from the bracket to run the close end ratcheting wrench the rest of the way.

You could also try using a board to distribute the load and jack on the pinch weld at the bottom of the body to lift it away from the frame a little. The flex in the rubber bushings should allow some movement without issue.

Crowfoot wrench to get another angle on it?

I need one in 12mm, I'll add it to the cart haha.

A couple ideas that I assume you've already taken care of:

1) Spray the bolt with penetrating oil
2) Watch the budbuilt install video posted to the first page of this thread to see what what angle he attacks it at and to see all the other helpful tips

If you're still having trouble, I think this is the same set I bought for installation of my Budbuilt sliders.

Amazon product ASIN B08WTZVG4K
The 12 mm flex head was what I used for any of the weird KDSS bolts. As others have said, check out the Budbuilt slider install video. He does a great job in detailing how to remove these bolts. Godspeed.

I did a driveway temp body lift to get clearance on one of the crossmembers, it wasn’t hard to do, maybe three hours all in to access and loosen the 9 mounts and retighten them. The six not under the middle row is an hour or so.

I have a new set of flex heads coming just to try a slightly different angle. I will give those a shot and then there's always the thin wrenches and the crows foot as well. I am going to get that stupid bolt out if it kills me and I will curse it and the man in Japan who put it there the entire way through.

I have a new set of flex heads coming just to try a slightly different angle. I will give those a shot and then there's always the thin wrenches and the crows foot as well. I am going to get that stupid bolt out if it kills me and I will curse it and the man in Japan who put it there the entire way through.
My guess is that the lines were attached before marrying the body to the frame. Blame the engineers.

If you like this kind of frustration, try to remove the fuel pump ecu.

Last edited:
My guess is that the lines were attached before marrying the body to the frame. Blame the engieers.

If you like this kind of frustration, try to remove the fuel pump ecu.

I 100% agree with this.

I did a driveway temp body lift to get clearance on one of the crossmembers, it wasn’t hard to do, maybe three hours all in to access and loosen the 9 mounts and retighten them. The six not under the middle row is an hour or so.

Driveway King!!!

Another proposal..

948FFC48-8DE2-4C79-A951-8F8632975B8B.jpeg

D776F9E4-41A4-43B7-840A-A8120035CECB.jpeg

Bolt was successfully removed today with a different flex head wrench, some busted knuckles and lots of patience. Working on getting the sliders installed this week in my free time. Not looking forward to trying to get the new longer bolt back in on the bracket lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom