✔ How the fix your faded door molding - Easy Hack! 🎬 (2 Viewers)

Do you have faded chalky door mounding on your 100 series? here is a solution to fix your faded door ding molding with vinyl wrap. The Toyota Landcruiser is notorious for this faded side molding.
The LX470 had cladding, so they didn't have this center piece in the side molding that is guaranteed to fade.
The only fixes is:
Buy a new moulding $$$$
Paint at an auto paint shop $$$
Wrap with vinyl wrap $ Simple solution that lasts Years!!
I found the satin graphite color to be perfect and look amazing on the molding... better that the factory original color.
There is also a satin silver you can get that is perfect if you want the same color. all with the 3M1080P satin metallic line.

Here is the one I used in the video:
3M 1080 M211 Matte charcoal metallic
With a razor blade an little to no experience, you can do it like a pro!
There's a little groove that will give you a perfect cut.
Simply overlap both sides, then razorblade it along the grooves.
Even though the vinyl name is matte, it has this metallic look to it and is absolutely perfect.
No one will ever know it's vinyl! And makes your rig look like new!
Well, once you polish the faded headlights and refinish your wheels!
I have videos like that on my Youtube channel... check it out!

Nice work. I need to do this as I'm getting new rear quarter trim pieces and I want them all to match as best as possible. I'll have to find the lighter shade though.

I didn't realize it would be that easy. As long as you're light on the razor blade there shouldn't be any damage?

No damage. Pretty easy, as long as the vinyl is sliced a bit, not necessarily all the way through, it will peel off when you pull the outer overlap piece.
Don't apply too much pressure, and have your blade on an angle, like 20% and pull in one direction with light pressure.

Tanner H

SILVER Star
ah , so thats you on youtube. I watched your 100/200 comparison a while back and enjoyed that.

Beautiful house by the way

dig your YouTube channel - bought the materials to do this... just too cold at the moment

Curious if anyone has done this to change out color.
I have a Galactic gray, and the molding is a lighter gray. Thinking of going with black to match wheels and other parts

It will probably look best with the Graphite grey metallic matte. It just looks a little richer than going with light grey. I have done both and IMO the 3M 1080 M211 Matte charcoal metallic is best

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom