How secure are FJ40s from things like insects? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, guys. I'm new here on the forum :) I'm thinking of buying an FJ40 in February with a soft top. However, I live in a highly wooded area with tons of bugs that especially come out at night. Unfortunately I cant do much about them. I also don t have a garage. Will they easily get inside an FJ40 with a soft top?

Bugs? Not really. If it spends a lot of time sitting around in the woods, though, you'll have to worry about mice making nests in it. They can do a lot of damage in a short amount of time. Put mouse traps or poison boxes out with it.

Bugs? Not really. If it spends a lot of time sitting around in the woods, though, you'll have to worry about mice making nests in it. They can do a lot of damage in a short amount of time. Put mouse traps or poison boxes out with it.
Thanks! I was really worried about this sort of thing, so it's great to hear that it shouldn't really be a problem :)

Although I haven't used the soft top yet, I know about boats with covers sitting out in woody backyards and they are a huge attraction for raccoons to nest in. If they think it is a dry place to hide in, they will tear through canvas or plastic top without a problem.

For keeping spiders out, I'd recommend trying 3-4 Bounce sheets in strategic places. It's always worked on my boats. It won't deter Mosquitos or wasps or hornets nests though.

Although I haven't used the soft top yet, I know about boats with covers sitting out in woody backyards and they are a huge attraction for raccoons to nest in. If they think it is a dry place to hide in, they will tear through canvas or plastic top without a problem.

For keeping spiders out, I'd recommend trying 3-4 Bounce sheets in strategic places. It's always worked on my boats. It won't deter Mosquitos or wasps or hornets nests though.
Thanks! I'll definitely take your advice about the bounce sheets. I remember someone saying once that they worked against some insects, but I'd completely forgotten it. We do have quite a few raccoons in the area so I'll try to keep them away from my car. My German Shepherd does a pretty good job of keeping them out of the yard though, so hopefully they would be too much of a problem.

Second the bees always fun when you find them taking off.out of the drive way, also the spiders ontop of the sun visor while driving. But hey thats the joy of having one right! Soft or hard top where there is a will there is away in any rig

Second the bees always fun when you find them taking off.out of the drive way, also the spiders ontop of the sun visor while driving. But hey thats the joy of having one right! Soft or hard top where there is a will there is away in any rig
Totally agree. I'm pretty set on getting one, so I'm definitely not gonna let a few bugs stop me.

its only a problem when they are parked up for long periods not being used otherwise its no different to any other vehicle :)

carry a can of brake clean with you the good stuff like crc ,kills bugs dead

Feckin' mud daubers get in everything that isn't moved at least every few days in the summer, here in Texas. Good excuse to drive the 40 more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom