how risky to wheel with tire repair plug

Visit site
quick question: has anyone pulled out a repair plug or had leakage while wheeling with a repaired tire?

no worries or use as spare?
real world scenarios...
thanks

Visit site
Why would you pull out a repair plug?

Get home with the plugged tire and if it worries you get in patched from the inside

My tires have plugs in them .. Dang myscqiute bushes and cacti

Visit site
Why would you pull out a repair plug?

sorry I guess that first question was not clear-was wondering if a repair plug has ever failed/came out during wheeling?

thanks for the responses-just needed to get over this notion in my head.

Visit site
I dunno, but I found out today I have had like a 3/4" thick stick buried about an inch below the surface between the treads in one of my tires.

Yay multiple steel belts! Never knew....never lost any air and I have been running it at about 4psi on the trails and airing back up to 25psi on the pavement.

Visit site
I have plugged lots of tires in the tread area on different vehicles i've owned, I have even had some that required two plugs in the same hole. I have not had any fail. I would only be worried about failure on a plug used in the sidewall of a tire.

brian

SILVER Star
Website
www.facebook.com
quick question: has anyone pulled out a repair plug or had leakage while wheeling with a repaired tire?

no worries or use as spare?
real world scenarios...
thanks

they use a raw rubber, and some neat glue. plug it home, take it for a drive to warm the tire up, and call it good. that plug almost becomes part of the tire, you're not going to pull one out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom