How often should you replace your hoses? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m taking inventory of the hoses in my rig and curious how often I should replace each set.

Last edited:
Not set interval that I know of, seems like peeps usually replace when doing an associated part (radiator = radiator hoses) or when you notice them bulging/leaking.
Thanks. I’m doing the radiator hoses now with the radiator, but I know I need to do all others at some point as well. I guess I’m also trying to figure out if I should prioritize some over others.

I’d say 10-15 years. I always have spares on hand though.

Thanks. I’m at 19 with mostly original though they still currently pass the “squeeze” test. I prefer to do preventative maintenance over emergency repairs, but I’m not onboard with the “every 4 years” that the internet is telling me. 10-15 feels better

Thanks. I’m at 19 with mostly original though they still currently pass the “squeeze” test. I prefer to do preventative maintenance over emergency repairs, but I’m not onboard with the “every 4 years” that the internet is telling me. 10-15 feels better

Pretty sure most of the hoses on the '06 are original, unless they start bulging I'll probably wait a few years and do them at 180k when I do my timing belt. Hell, the lower radiator hoses I took off my 40 a few months ago, were original with the 3/75 manufacture date stamps. Those made it 46 years :)

All of you are making me feel like I’m doing it prematurely at 19 years. This makes me want to see how long I can go without doing it Kramer style with the gas.

I need to do my trans cooler hoses while i'm replacing my radiator. Was just going to buy bulk hose, but having a hard time telling if they are 3/8" or 7/16"

I need to do my trans cooler hoses while i'm replacing my radiator. Was just going to buy bulk hose, but having a hard time telling if they are 3/8" or 7/16"

It's hard to beat the OEM stuff. Good quality, you know it will fit, and not absurdly expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom