How often does someone use your jump seats? (1 Viewer)

Jump seats in or out?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am on the fence on putting mine back in the truck.... I have gotten very use to being able to reach in through the sides (soft top) for items in the back.

I have had passengers back there only a few times. Theres really no easy way in/out.

All the time.

20180528_110742.jpg

I leave mine in although they rarely see use. Nice to have when the kids want a ride.

Only used mine once or twice ever, but my kids are all grown up. Took them out for more room to pack camping stuff; finally gave them away this year.

took mine out long time ago. suggested putting them back in for the kids but wife is against the idea so it remains a 2 seater.

What's a jump seat? I drive a 55. A real front-facing rear seat with a door on each side with roll-up windows and an ashtray in each door. And built in lap belts. And a dedicated place under the seat for the very useful hand-crank and jack handle and rods.

Dog seats
2F0670C9-A569-4F44-AF28-288B5BCA35ED.jpeg

I only have one that I burried in the shed. The wife doesn’t trust it for a car seat so maybe a bench seat is in our future. I would love to have a matching pair, but they’re so dang expensive. Jump seat was the first part I fell in love with tho

30 minutes ago. 45 years ago I was out in the woods in Pa shooting BB guns and a bunch of college kids went driving by screaming at us from the jump seats. I thought it was the coolest truck I'd ever seen. had to wait forty years to get the same color FJ.

I love the look with them in but see the more practicality of a bench seat. I've had both installed and would actually like to have an easy way to remove the bench when desired while leaving the jump seats in. The kids seem to like the jump seats. I like how open it is with them folded up to store stuff. I currently have just the jump seats installed but I wont be selling the bench seat in case I want to go back to it.
1598129314542.png

1598129410042.png

1598129383511.png

1598129622789.png

@airon23 that is a clever idea on the multiple seats. To make it quick release instead of the nuts/bolts on the fenders, drill the holes out a little more then add riv nuts, basically giving you threaded holes. Then you could use some threaded knobs through the seat bracket, and you'd have a no-tool solution. Would pretty much match the knobs for the windshield. If you felt the need to beef it up, then weld nuts to a backing plate and bolt that inside the fender- same solution, but a little more meat behind it.

edit: and yes, use ours all the time for kids, and friends of kids, etc. special treat for kids needing a ride home from soccer practice, especially with the top off.

I love the look with them in but see the more practicality of a bench seat. I've had both installed and would actually like to have an easy way to remove the bench when desired while leaving the jump seats in. The kids seem to like the jump seats. I like how open it is with them folded up to store stuff. I currently have just the jump seats installed but I wont be selling the bench seat in case I want to go back to it.
View attachment 2412552
View attachment 2412554
View attachment 2412553
View attachment 2412555
Kids love the seats, great pictures!

When needed.
I think the jump seats are very functional. Passenger space when needed, fold up easily for more storage/bed space when needed, and they are one more unique feature of the rig :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom